Gain Adjustment in Assistant Software

Reaction score
Hey Gang

Lets see if someone can give me some info - Does anyone have an idea what the Gain Settings do in the NAZA software ?
Does it allow the craft to respond in a more 'gentle' manner when trimming for example the YAW from 120% which is standard to 80% ??

Anyone have an idea

It adjusts how well the craft holds it position. If you lower the number for Yaw when you turn it won't hold it's position well. I up'ed mine to 250 and its steady as a rock on full stick yaws. I raised the pitch and roll to 165 and when I give it roll or pitch (right stick) and let go it stops dead in it tracks.

If you want gentle just move the sticks slower. They are proportional in their action. There is no rate adjustments as in most regular radios for airplanes or helicopters.

Hope this helps.

Ahh Cool ok

I chatted to a mate in another town who changed his stock controller for a FR Sky Transmitter - He loves says it has a curve adjustment that gives awesum slow YAW rotations and banks... Could be worth while - But thanks for that tip... Gonna try it

Crazykaktus said:
Hey Gang

Lets see if someone can give me some info - Does anyone have an idea what the Gain Settings do in the NAZA software ?
Does it allow the craft to respond in a more 'gentle' manner when trimming for example the YAW from 120% which is standard to 80% ??

Anyone have an idea

You can find the information below at:
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M ... ot_Setting

Basic Parameters

Usually, the default parameters are ready to go. However, different multi-rotors have different gains because of different size, ESC, motor and propeller. If gain is too large, you will find the multi-rotor oscillating in the corresponding direction (About 5~10Hz). If too small, the multi-rotor will likely to be hard to control.So you can still setup the basic Gain of Pitch, Roll, Yaw and Vertical manuallyaccording to your multi-rotorto have a wonderful fly experience. We suggest you to change 10% to 15% of the parameter at a time.

To the gains of Pitch and Roll, if you release the Pitch or Roll stick after command stick, multi-rotor should be back to hovering state. If the reaction of multi-rotor in this procedure is too soft (large delay), please increase the basic gain slowly (10%-15% each time)until vibration emerges after you release the stick. Then decrease the gain a little until vibration just disappears. Now the gain is perfect, but the reaction of the attitude change is slow. You can follow the way introduced at the end of this section to tune the attitude gains.

The way of tuning the Yaw gain is the same as the way of adjusting the Tail Gyro. If you want fast stick reaction speed, increase the gain, otherwise decrease the gain. However, the spin of multi-rotor is produced by the counter torque force, and the magnitude of which is limited. Therefore, large gain will not produce tail vibration like helicopter, but severe reaction at the start or stop of motors, which will affect the stabilization of the other directions.

You use two methods to judge if the Vertical gain is good enough: 1) The multi-rotor can lock the altitude when the throttle stick is at center position; 2) The change of altitude is small during the flight along a route. You can increase the gain slowly (10% each time) until the vibration emerges along the vertical direction or the reaction of throttle stick is too sensitive, then decrease 20% of the gain. Now it is a suitable Vertical gain.

Attitude gains determine the reaction speed of attitude from command stick, the bigger the value the quicker the reaction. Increase it for sharper and quicker leveling action after command stick released. Unstable shaking flying and the control feeling will be stiffness and rigid if the value is too high; and sluggish leveling action and slow braking if too small.

N017RW said:
Crazykaktus said:
Hey Gang

Anyone have an idea

You can find the information below at:
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M ... ot_Setting

Basic Parameters

Usually, the default parameters are ready to go. However, different multi-rotors have different gains because of different size, ESC, motor and propeller. If gain is too large, you will find the multi-rotor oscillating in the corresponding direction (About 5~10Hz). If too small, the multi-rotor will likely to be hard to control.So you can still setup the basic Gain of Pitch, Roll, Yaw and Vertical manuallyaccording to your multi-rotorto have a wonderful fly experience. We suggest you to change 10% to 15% of the parameter at a time.

To the gains of Pitch and Roll, if you release the Pitch or Roll stick after command stick, multi-rotor should be back to hovering state. If the reaction of multi-rotor in this procedure is too soft (large delay), please increase the basic gain slowly (10%-15% each time)until vibration emerges after you release the stick. Then decrease the gain a little until vibration just disappears. Now the gain is perfect, but the reaction of the attitude change is slow. You can follow the way introduced at the end of this section to tune the attitude gains.

The way of tuning the Yaw gain is the same as the way of adjusting the Tail Gyro. If you want fast stick reaction speed, increase the gain, otherwise decrease the gain. However, the spin of multi-rotor is produced by the counter torque force, and the magnitude of which is limited. Therefore, large gain will not produce tail vibration like helicopter, but severe reaction at the start or stop of motors, which will affect the stabilization of the other directions.

You use two methods to judge if the Vertical gain is good enough: 1) The multi-rotor can lock the altitude when the throttle stick is at center position; 2) The change of altitude is small during the flight along a route. You can increase the gain slowly (10% each time) until the vibration emerges along the vertical direction or the reaction of throttle stick is too sensitive, then decrease 20% of the gain. Now it is a suitable Vertical gain.

Attitude gains determine the reaction speed of attitude from command stick, the bigger the value the quicker the reaction. Increase it for sharper and quicker leveling action after command stick released. Unstable shaking flying and the control feeling will be stiffness and rigid if the value is too high; and sluggish leveling action and slow braking if too small.

This really is the best description of how the gains work. When adjusting your gains, you really don't need to worry about anything serious happening. Just don't take it for a high elevation long distance run. Test your gain increments slowly when flying over some grass or something. I've had mine oscillating quite a bit when doing adjustments, but it's really nothing to be scared of. You eventually tune it all out and you have a rock-solid Phantom as a result.

Yep I have to agree there.... Best explanation I have had to date - Makes sense... Thnx for that N017RW

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl