G/Daynewbe

Reaction score
Hi Guys....Just purchased my Phantom 4.....been doing a lot of reading before I really get started, been flying around the park where I live in Queensland, no problems so far....I am used to flying petrol powered helicopters....having said that, no expert....really amazed how well the Phantom 4 flys, great pictures.....did have a small problem recently, I couldn't get the record button on the app to work, kept takeing pictures instead....to cut a long story short, I just pressed the record button on the hand control, and hey presto, the button on the app glowed red again, and all works fine.....real envious at some of the videos you guys make, hope to be as good one day.

Reactions: dirkclod
This might be a silly question... I'm assuming you are using Go or Go 4. Did you select the video camera before pressing the record button on the screen? You can press a button to toggle between video and still. The RC obviously has separate buttons, which is why when you pressed the record button on the RC that it started to record video instead of taking photos.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Good news, another Australian on the forum, we are in the minority but we will get there. Take your time to read the manual inside out, explore the app and practice with your settings, there are a pile of YouTube videos to check out and use this place to find answers to any questions you may have. There are some very clever people who have helped people like myself from making some really stupid mistakes.
Drone on!

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Here's the button to toggle between photo/video mode in DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Photo-Video-Mode-Toggle.jpg

The current mode is pictured in the center of that button. In my screenshot above, it's in photo mode.

Welcome to the forum Nocrash.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

This might be a silly question... I'm assuming you are using Go or Go 4. Did you select the video camera before pressing the record button on the screen? You can press a button to toggle between video and still. The RC obviously has separate buttons, which is why when you pressed the record button on the RC that it started to record video instead of taking photos.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Hi....Yes, I did select video camera first, but the video button remaind White, and the only thing it would do is take a photo...I tried a new card, because I purchased new 64gb SD, and thought that would be the problem, that was in the drone at the time, so I went back to the card that it came with, still no luck, photo only, then I restarted everything, no luck....then I just thought, what if I press the record on the hand set, that was it, everything was fine....no trouble since.

Welcome to the forum Nocrash.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)
Hi Dirkclod.....Thanks mate, yes I realise I'm in some smart company...good to know I can post and perhaps get some advice...Thanks again.

Hi....Yes, I did select video camera first, but the video button remaind White, and the only thing it would do is take a photo...I tried a new card, because I purchased new 64gb SD, and thought that would be the problem, that was in the drone at the time, so I went back to the card that it came with, still no luck, photo only, then I restarted everything, no luck....then I just thought, what if I press the record on the hand set, that was it, everything was fine....no trouble since.
Were you all powered up when you were toggling between video and camera? If so, you can clearly see the difference and using the three lines beneath the red button, adjust your video or camera settings.

Good news, another Australian on the forum, we are in the minority but we will get there. Take your time to read the manual inside out, explore the app and practice with your settings, there are a pile of YouTube videos to check out and use this place to find answers to any questions you may have. There are some very clever people who have helped people like myself from making some really stupid mistakes.
Drone on!
Hi Tevek....Thanks mate, ....Yes I have done heaps of reading the manual, and checked and read stuff on line, help a lot....must admit, I was scared to lift off the first time, because I had read of newbe's crashing on take off....still a bit worried in case I get into trouble flying in public.

Hi Tevek....Thanks mate, ....Yes I have done heaps of reading the manual, and checked and read stuff on line, help a lot....must admit, I was scared to lift off the first time, because I had read of newbe's crashing on take off....still a bit worried in case I get into trouble flying in public.
You'll be fine, leave the drone in beginners mode, P mode and get it up around five mtrs and slowly get used to the controls. A mistake I made was to leave it hovering 1-2 mtrs and the thing was moving around so much I almost crashed it. Get it airborne, it will hover nicely and you can relax a bit. As for flying areas, no idea where you are but hopefully you can find somewhere that is open and nice and quiet. Avoid trees at all costs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31