FW updates for newbie

Reaction score
Hi all
My P3A CE model,arrived a couple of weeks ago bad weather and commitments precluded many flights. Just 50 feet or so and 20 ft up. Seems fine ,compass calibrates well good GPS signals 16-17 sats.
Been using simulator to gain feel of controls and sub menus etc.
Issue- DJI Go App on my Ipad4 retina seems ok too.
FW of DJI GO is 2.72.
Acft is 1.5.30+
Tx controller is 1.5.70
Being nagged to run updates? Advice please would be appreciated.

S

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

You definitely don't want to fly with firmware 1.5. It contains a bug that can cause the aircraft to shut off mid-air. Either install 1.6 or upgrade to the latest version.

If needed, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

Reactions: Oso
I just went by this video:

The "Done" tone at the end is the important part. Took 20 minutes for mine to finish the update to 1.8.80. The one difference was that I updated the controller via the DJI Go app.

Mike

I agree with both replies. Follow msinger detailed instructions, and review the video also.

I have a P3A and it came with all the versions you quoted, I did the updates. I went from Aircraft version 1.5.70 to 1.8.80 and I had no problems with updates, I made sure that
I just reviewed the instructions and watched the video to make sure I was following along.

For the Controller Updates, I had 1.5.70, updated to 1.5.80 then to 1.6.0. In the instructions there are a few methods on how to update your controller, but the USB
function does not work for me, I had to update via the DJI GO App and I had no problems doing that, again followed instructions.

At present running following: Aircraft - 1.8.80, RC - 1.6.0, DJI GO App - 2.8.0 and it flies great, I have not encountered any issues.

PDR

The latest Versions are:

Go App: 2.80
RC: 1.60
AC: 1.8.80

Thanks

Strangely when next booting up, bad weather and time prevented use, the acft now has 1.6.40 . Rc unchanged at 1.5.70 and app of course 2.8.0. I did not hit or accept any FW change. But from what you say just as well.
So far 20 mins of flying , it seems to respond perfectly.
App shows updates in red. Should I accept these. So far I have not touched that area, presumably hitting that button will give choices etc?
Ipad with ios 9.31.
Separately there seems to be no adjustment settings for video camera ie 30 or 60. Just 1920 or 720 .
Seems this app also allows choice of mp4 or mov. Video editing a bit flaky.
Appreciate your help

Looking into video rates etc. Seems mine should have option for 2.7 k which is not showing. Feel it must be the FW on acft/rc ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj