FW update to 1.6

Reaction score
Trying to update the FW but nothing happens.
Downloaded the fw update
Have a .bin file on my desktop (iMac)
Formatted the card with the DJI app.
Took the sd card from the gimbal and put it in an adaptor.
Copied the .bin file to the card next to the DCMI folder
Put the card in the gimbal
Started the Phantom
Only hear beeb beeb pause beeb beeb pause etc.
Light of the gimbal stays green.

The light should go red/green?

Followed the instructions till:

10) Watch the camera status light to monitor the installation process. It should do the following:
  • Flash green while your Phantom is starting up.
  • Alternate between red and green while the firmware update is being installed.
  • Turn solid green when the firmware update successfully completes. You will also hear a D-DD beeping sound that repeats.
But the light stays green.

Take EVERYTHING off your sd card including the DCMI folder. Only thing on the card should be the bin file after formatting.

But the light stays green.
So, the light is green and there are no beeps coming from your Phantom? Was a TXT file created on your memory card?

beeb beeb pause beeb beeb pause... from the gimbal and only a green light after start up.
No TXT file on the card and FW is still 1.4
Seems like nothing happened at all.
Said the compass had to be calibrated. Phantom was next to my computer will try tomorrow at an other place and calibrate the compass first. Don't know if this will make a difference.

beeb beeb pause beeb beeb pause... from the gimbal and only a green light after start up.
How long did you let that continue? If not long, then let it sit at that point for ~20 minutes and see what happens.

Tried again.
Card formatted on the Mac exFAT
bin file on the card:
P3S_FW_V01.06.0040-2.bin
Noting again.
Only created a DCIM folder

Don't format the card exFat outside of the Phantom. That should be okay but it's best to stick with the Phantom formatting the card. If the update does not work, you are doing something wrong. I suspect either the bin file is not correct or you are not placing it into the root folder of the card. Delete the zip file you downloaded. Make sure you do to the correct download page for your Phantom. Download the zip file again. Extract the bin file into another folder. Move that bin file to the uppermost/root folder on the SD card. Try again.

I think you need to remove the -2 from the bin file name at the end. Try that and get back

Reactions: msinger

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic