FW 3.06 and auto RTH

Reaction score
Hi all,

Flew the other day after upgrading to 3.06, full IMU calibration, compass and sticks etc.
Flight went very well and seemed better than before.. but one issue.

I was flying in a large park and took off one end of the park and flew towards the other end.. walking along with the kids as I flew around, all within LOS.

I got to the other side of the park and then reset my home point when at a steady hover at around 10 feet. Flipped the left toggle a couple of times and got rapid green lights to indicate a new home point.
Continued to fly and ran the battery down to the point where the system will auto return to home (1 solid light I think) ... it then then stopped in mid air with a jerk (red lights came on) and started to fly back down the park to the original take off point, flicked to ATTI and flew it back to me for a catch landing.

Anyone else had this sort of issue ?
Did I reset the home point correctly ? The rapid green flashing would seem to indicate so...

TeamYankee said:
Did I reset the home point correctly ? The rapid green flashing would seem to indicate so...

No. Flipping S2 resets the "forward" direction for CL to be the current orientation of the P2 (that's what the rapidly-flashing greens indicate). It doesn't reset the home point. I'm not aware of any way to reset that.

You must toggle S2 from OFF to HL, not CL.

From the DJI Wiki page:
(http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phantom_2-Flight)

"Quickly switching the S2 switch of the remote controller from upper most to lower most positions 3 to 5 times will reset the home point of PHANTOM 2. When the home point is set, you will see a series of rapid green blinks on the LED Flight Indicator. The definition of “home point” is:

i) The place the PHANTOM 2 returns to when the control signal is lost.
ii) The home point is used to calculate the horizontal distance between you and the aircraft, the distance will be displayed on the screen if using a wireless video transmission module. "

N017RW said:
You must toggle S2 from OFF to HL, not CL.

From the DJI Wiki page:
(http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phantom_2-Flight)

"Quickly switching the S2 switch of the remote controller from upper most to lower most positions 3 to 5 times will reset the home point of PHANTOM 2. When the home point is set, you will see a series of rapid green blinks on the LED Flight Indicator. The definition of “home point” is:

i) The place the PHANTOM 2 returns to when the control signal is lost.
ii) The home point is used to calculate the horizontal distance between you and the aircraft, the distance will be displayed on the screen if using a wireless video transmission module. "

Interesting - thanks. VERY easy to accidentally reset CL when you mean to reset Home, or vice versa, in that case. It seems pretty certain that the original poster reset CL, not Home, from the description of the resulting behaviour.

Same scenario for me, at a park but did not reset home point. I started in the middle of the park and was flying about 20ft at the edge of the park near some trees. The battery was at 17% and was about to bring it back and got the flashing reds. I lost control and it was drifting into the trees, apposite from home point. It didn't seem to be dropping altitude to land. I toggled S1 and still no control and I trimmed the tree, branches and leaves flying. On the 2nd toggle of S1 I got it back and landed. Close call and I wish I could disable auto land.

Well, that will gone to by the next update of the firmware!!!! "disable the autoland".

Some good ideas, work only behind the desktop.

PhantomPhreak said:
Same scenario for me, at a park but did not reset home point. I started in the middle of the park and was flying about 20ft at the edge of the park near some trees. The battery was at 17% and was about to bring it back and got the flashing reds. I lost control and it was drifting into the trees, apposite from home point. It didn't seem to be dropping altitude to land. I toggled S1 and still no control and I trimmed the tree, branches and leaves flying. On the 2nd toggle of S1 I got it back and landed. Close call and I wish I could disable auto land.

i had a very similar situation.
it is possible to disable rth if thats what you mean with "auto land" just uncheck the box on dji assistsnt software,

Just remember the third "hidden battery level" at 10.6 volts it will auto land even if not checked.

Every time flown since the update the RTH has initiated on all 3 batteries, I toggle S1 down and up and gets in back into GPS mode so I have control. My battery levels are set at 30% and 20%, I don't mind the "earlier" RTH because I fly either very high or over water a lot so for me it's an extra level of safety.

Just my thoughts, cheers Mark

q8f1 said:
Every time flown since the update the RTH has initiated on all 3 batteries, I toggle S1 down and up and gets in back into GPS mode so I have control. My battery levels are set at 30% and 20%, I don't mind the "earlier" RTH because I fly either very high or over water a lot so for me it's an extra level of safety.

Um what is the secret to changing the low battery level for 3.06? Please share! :)

aha.. from the wiki "Quickly switching the S2 switch of the remote controller from upper most to lower most positions 3 to 5 times will reset the home point of PHANTOM 2"
I didn't flick to the lower position... just the mid position. So that explains it. Cheers.

As for the lower battery level... you can't so he must still be on 3.04

"As for the lower battery level... you can't so he must still be on 3.04"

Your right, I didn't check, I'm on 3.06 and the battery levels aren't there. Bizarre, I thought they were useful.

q8f1 said:

rth works like a charm, except when you are flying in a park surronded by tall trees and its very windy.

i learned my lesson and i only activate rth on first warning when flying in wide open places :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik