Future Upgrade?

Reaction score
I was wondering; in the future, when I outgrow the capabilities of my Phantom 2 Vision, can I upgrade the video system? Can I ditch the Vision hardware and put a gimbal and GoPro on?

Thanks!

Yes, but you lose FPV & telemetry, unless you then spend more money replacing them. it MAY also be possible to fit P2V+ camera (assuming there any benefit) tbc for now... :arrow:

Seahorse said:
Yes, but you lose FPV & telemetry, unless you then spend more money replacing them. it MAY also be possible to fit P2V+ camera (assuming there any benefit) tbc for now... :arrow:

Thanks!

OK. So I'll need the FPV hardware and the gimbal. Probably looking at $500 if I decide to upgrade down the road.

Having just got into the hobby, I quickly have learned the video and FPV limitations of the Vision! It's too bad the hardware for FPV through a GoPro was a little out of my reach for the initial purchase.

GLOCKer said:
Seahorse said:

Thanks!

OK. So I'll need the FPV hardware and the gimbal. Probably looking at $500 if I decide to upgrade down the road.

Having just got into the hobby, I quickly have learned the video and FPV limitations of the Vision! It's too bad the hardware for FPV through a GoPro was a little out of my reach for the initial purchase.

Remember too that any FPV gear you get will need to be on some other frequency than the common 5.8GHz used with a lot of that equipment, as that would interfere with the P2V's control signal. You can find examples of equipment in other bands (1.3GHz, 900MHz, etc) here: http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index. ... af694a503d

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic