Futaba T8J will only control my gimbal

Reaction score
Hi

After having retracts installed on my P2 I had to go over to a Futaba T8J controller. It's great.

So today i finished the upgrade and wanted to go for a flight.

I dont know how to start the motors on a Futaba transmitter.. Just like the DJI-one, right?

The only thing thats controllable is the gimbal tilt, and the "S1" and "S2" functions. And the retracts I installed and plugged in to channel 8.

I tried to callibrate the compas to get ready to fly in GPS-mode and the process went well. Green light. At least for some time.
I did the normal start up process, but the props wasn't spinning. I checked my compas in the Assistant software - it says "0cm" "0cm" and "0cm" - so i guess thats not the problem?

In the Phantom Assistant my throttle and rotation stick work just fine. Maybe i didn't set up the Futuba right? Maybe I have forgot to plug some cables in my Futaba reciever in the drone? (at the moment, only the SBUS cable and cables for my retracts are plugged in)

Do you know my problem? And how does it get fixed?

I suggest that you verify that all the cables are plugged in, since you aren't sure. Good luck!

Edit: and, Welcome to the forum! (Even if you already have been welcomed!). Glad to have you!

PhantomFanatic said:
I suggest that you verify that all the cables are plugged in, since you aren't sure. Good luck!

Edit: and, Welcome to the forum! (Even if you already have been welcomed!). Glad to have you!

It was not meant like that.
I don't know what cables to plug in to my Futaba reciever. Does the s-bus handle everything?

And thanks!

Where else have you been looking for help?

YouTube has a 3 part video on how to install your T8J.

There's a world of info on the web and it's right at your fingertips.

N017RW said:
Where else have you been looking for help?

YouTube has a 3 part video on how to install your T8J.

There's a world of info on the web and it's right at your fingertips.

I have checked the video, adjusted my endpoints, calibrated my throttle, connected everything perfectly.

I can control some features, but the P2-rotors WILL NOT MOVE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31