Futaba T8J on Phantom HELP

Reaction score
If I install a futaba T8J Mode 1 radio on my phantom, will I be able to install the radio through s-bus, swap the ailerons & rudder, and have the phantom fly mode 3 without messing up GPS mode?

PLEASE help me out on this oen

rmorgan18 said:
If I install a futaba T8J Mode 1 radio on my phantom, will I be able to install the radio through s-bus, swap the ailerons & rudder, and have the phantom fly mode 3 without messing up GPS mode?

good question
I'm not familiar with Mode3 ..unsure if you can swap things by jsut connecting S-bus. might have to connect the other way and switch some cables?

Gizmo3000 said:
rmorgan18 said:

good question
I'm not familiar with Mode3 ..unsure if you can swap things by jsut connecting S-bus. might have to connect the other way and switch some cables?

Well which other way? Would I need to purchase servo cables? And if so, how?

rmorgan18 said:
Gizmo3000 said:
rmorgan18 said:

good question

Well which other way? Would I need to purchase servo cables? And if so, how?

wel, I'm only guessing,. but rather than connect the Rx to the NAZA via d-bus, you can connect it up via traditional method, with a cable going from each channe into each channel in the NAZA

Re: Remote troubles on my phantom... Please look

Postby Audaciter » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:32 am
The T8J radio comes with an S-bus receiver, so you will only need 1 connection to the Naza, just like the current
DJI transmitter uses.

The Futaba T8J is easily configured to the mode you like, by programming, and easy to follow instructions in the user manual.
No need to disassemble the radio at all.

Seems like the T8J would be a perfect fit for you, since you like to get involved with your equipment, and make it suit your needs.

Almost everything on the Futaba radio is programmable, all the switches can be configured any way you like, 2 programmable
timers. And I'm sure a lot of fun will be had customizing it to your liking.

To enable the S-bus in the Naza Assistant software, select "D-bus"

I answered this question for you when you asked on June 22nd.

I ordered a T8J and need to know if the Phantom is connected to the stock receiver with the SBus cable? Just need to know so I can order a cable if there isn't one inside the Phantom already. Thanks

AFAIK, the Mode doesn't matter, you can reassign every button to any channel in the Aux Channel setting.

You'll use the same SBus cable than the one that is used to connect to the existing receiver. I think.

Yes I am going to open the Phantom up when the Futaba arrives and didn't want to open and find I was missing a cable - then need to order one and wait a week....

On your question about setting up failsafe on a switch vs setting it up by just turning off the radio - my understanding from doing probably the same reading you have done is that when you use the switch it's much easier to re-gain control. It sounds like you switch to fail safe- it returns to home but at any time if you want to control it you simply switch back into atti or gps mode. If you use the switch it sounds like you have some additional steps. Am I wrong in this? I have never had to use or test return to home.

Im not sure about the 8j but when I got the 8fgs they only had a mode 1 in stock at the local hobby shop. I asked if they could order me a mode 2 but they said its easier just from them to make it a mode1 in about 5 minutes which they did and its great I mode 2 and they even loaded up the latest firmware version so props to ARKRC in Melbourne. Pricing there is also pretty close to overseas or any other online shop so aussies may want to check them out for their local rc needs.

Regarding failsafes the way I set mine up using a great setup video on yt. I have a force failsafe switch and also failsafe if I lose radio or turn it off. The failsafe switch works in any mode and overrides any mode and I have gps, atti and manual modes on a 3 position.

I thoroughly tested everything worked in naza before flying and then also tested all in flights including loss of range failsafe when I went behind too many objects about 1.5km away.

Yes,. the whole purpose of setting up a failsafe switch is so that you can trigger it without shutting off the Tx (which while relatively safe, makes people a bit uncomfortable to do.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik