Futaba T8J and Dragon OSD

Reaction score
Are these 2 units compatible. I hear the futaba needs a compatible output signal to the dragon module. Will these work together?

i just wanted to hook up the dragon OSD to my dji phantom but it seems that the osd requires a module that has to attach to your transmitter as well. It didn't seem like it was like the usual osd that attaches llike a regular one.

Have you seen the manal for the Dragon. IT is a very well printed document I think there is about 120 pages to the manuall, and this was not written by the Chinese. I am pretty sure this was buy an educated English speaking person. It really looks like the best osd with all the interfaces, and how you can change the display while you are flying. But we are getting out of the main thread here. Can I use this with a simple hook up to my DJI Phantom?

theflyingcameras.com
Montreal Aerial Video

Most aftermarket (non-DJI) OSD's like that one don't connect to the NAZA or pull data from it. The connection to the receiver you're referring to is probably the optional RSSI (Radio Signal Strength Indicator) lead, but you'd need a receiver that provides that data...many don't, including the Phantom's stock receiver. However, almost any OSD you can buy will be able to show the main batt voltage as long as it's connected to that and not a separate batt for FPV like some people use.

OSD's like the Dragon use data from their own on-board sensors (or connected ones built just for that OSD) when they put that info on your display. If you want to see the actual NAZA telemetry in your display, you'll have to use DJI's iOSD mini (or iOSD v2).

Re: Futaba T8J and Dragon OS

I just wanted to know if the Futaba T8J was compatible with the dragon. That is all

There is nothing to be compatible with though. They are different systems.
The only connection you would need is for RSSI and if you're not interested in seeing that then there would be no connection required.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic