Futaba radios bind with 1.1.1?

Reaction score
I was told that the stock Phantom 1 (1.1.1) has the ability to bind with Futaba transmitters? Is this true?

If so, any of you have a link to a threat here or a video on youtube that explains the process?

Howzit said:
I was told that the stock Phantom 1 (1.1.1) has the ability to bind with Futaba transmitters? Is this true?

If so, any of you have a link to a threat here or a video on youtube that explains the process?

The radio has to be programmed first- there is a bind button inside the battery compartment- up top, if you look- small black thing.

Post up which Futaba you have and then we can figure out which thread is best to study.

Hiway said:
Howzit said:

The radio has to be programmed first- there is a bind button inside the battery compartment- up top, if you look- small black thing.

Post up which Futaba you have and then we can figure out which thread is best to study.

Awesome, thanks.

I do not currently have a Futaba, but was going to check out the local hobby shop and look them over. Any suggestions on which model to get?

Howzit said:

I do not currently have a Futaba, but was going to check out the local hobby shop and look them over. Any suggestions on which model to get?

Since you are new to them, I suggest the T8j or 8FG.

I should point out that it is a slippery slope you are about to tread down... the radios come with matched receivers, and you will want to install the receiver as it is better. That leads to implementing other options.

If you want just a radio, that will bind to the phantom and control it- then find any "FASST" radio by Futaba on the used market from a reputable vendor and it will be fine- I have a 10CG- it is a nice radio- it is discontinued... maybe you can find one of those cheap? (subjective- average price for a decent radio is 200 to 400 bucks)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20