Futaba Install Guides

Reaction score
Thanks for the links! Exactly what i need as i am planning to get a 14sg.

One question though... I learnt that the futaba 14sg could learn and communicate with the stock reciever in the phantom 2. What is the benefit in putting the futaba reciever alongside the phantom 2 stock reciever?

Thanks in advance!

John

205GTi said:
What is the benefit in putting the futaba reciever alongside the phantom 2 stock reciever?

Yes the 14SG will work with the stock reciever as it's running FASST but you wouldn't install it along side the current receiver, you'd replace it all together. The main reason that people are replacing the stock receivers / transmitters is to increase reliability. Although there are few (if any) confirmed tru 'fly-aways' (rather than fly-aways caused because of 'user' errors) with the P2, the general feeling amongst the Futaba users is that the replacement radio provides a more reliable setup which in turn gives peace of mind. When you have 1k worth of kit whizzing around the sky, you want to be sure you've got the best radio gear controlling it.

Of course the other thing is the number of channels available. The P2 uses 7... so you've got seven more to play with if you can find a use for them!

The only benefit of the Futaba receiver is the 8th channel. If you have no need for the 8th channel, then stick with the stock receiver. Also note the v5 profile works on both 8FGS and 14SG equally well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic