Futaba / Error #29

Reaction score
I have a Futaba 8J and its a nice radio.

From this forum, I discovered that you can get the left-hand control stick spring loaded so that when you release the stick, the craft maintains its height. I installed a spring and things worked well at first.

After many flights, I suddenly received blinding red lights at start up. NAZA flight assistant showed 'Error 29' related to stick calibration. Despite many Tx calibrations, the error message stating that my sticks were not properly centred did not go away.

Turns out that the way to get around this is to throttle to zero when connecting the battery to the Phantom (with the transmitter on of course).

I don't know why this problem came up but would be happy to hear suggestions.

If you have this problem, the transmitter needs to be physically opened up and mechanically adjusted.

MenaceCat said:
If you have this problem, the transmitter needs to be physically opened up and mechanically adjusted.

Where did you get the spring? I want to do that to my transmitter.

Re: Futaba / Error #29 solved

You can get the spring from a store that stocks Futaba equipment. Its a small piece costing less than $5.

As for my problem with ERROR -29, it was addressable by a trim adjustment that is accessible from the Tx menu. Go to 'servos' and make sure when the stick is centred, the trim is zeroed. Simple as that and my bird is happy again :)

miskatonic said:
MenaceCat said:

Where did you get the spring? I want to do that to my transmitter.

I got mine from some business called R/C South or some such. The guy is an *******. Call anybody BUT him. He initially charged me over $9.00 for three tiny parts but then ended up sending the parts to someone else by mistake and sent the other guys parts to ME. Luckily, each invoice had the e-mail of the other party, and we each ended up with the correct parts in the end.

After much e-mail exchange with regard to "where are my parts", the business owner (Tony) got tired of hearing from me and simply refunded my $9.65 cents thru paypal without consulting me about it and said he was not going to send me a replacement - basically told me to go F myself.

Luckily, the guy in FL who ended up with my parts was a gem, and he mailed them to me promptly.

PF

Ugh! Well, at least you got the part. Just be aware that with that spring, Error - 29 can develop unexpectedly.

Hi I've been looking for a solution to my problem and this looks similar only I have the stock tx I get error 29 flashing red led on start up and then can't engage the motors when I've looked on naza the tx channels all center but on the bottom one marked r it wont go all the way to 1000 only gets to -895 so I'm assuming this is the problem I've tried cantering and power cycling but nothing calibrating sticks nothing how do you adjust the the stick or trim any help would be appreciated thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik