Futaba battery charging question

FRS

Reaction score
I have never charged my batteries for my Futaba and am pretty confused how to do so. The charger has so many settings and I don't want to mess up these batteries. This is what it came with.

Can anyone tell me if I have this plugged into the battery correct? Do I need to use any additional cords? It came with quite a bit of stuff.. Also if you do know about this charger can you help me with the correct settings it needs to be on.

Why not use the Futaba battery and the Futaba charger?

You need to Balance charge that battery, right now the balanced plug is not plugged into anything, you should have gotten a flat board with a few molex connectors at different sizes(pins) *** there is a manual***

Attachments

• charger-2-2_1.jpg
    charger-2-2_1.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 453
Creative Leo,

I have all that which was pictured in the image you posted. I do not have ANY instructional manual that shows me how to "balance" this charge. I am SO glad I haven't proceeded with any charging of the futaba.. Please help me with instructions on this charge. I can send you an image of everything I have but its the same as the image you provided. Thank you so much for the insight.

I just watched the first minute of the video you posted and I think that will be very helpful. If I have any more questions after I watch the video I will definitely post them. Thank you so much for this information.

After seeing the video it looks like they show two different batt charges. I will be completely honest, I've had a bit to drink tonight, and shouldn't be learning to charge batts tonight lol. With the picture I provided can you give me instructions on which charge I would need? I understand I will need that balance board on every charge I do. Any advice would be extremely helpful.. I know nothing about these electronics lol. HELP ME!

FRS said:
I just watched the first minute of the video you posted and I think that will be very helpful. If I have any more questions after I watch the video I will definitely post them. Thank you so much for this information.

Good morning FRS.

I am glad that the video was at least some use to you. Would you please post a pic of the front of your Futaba. With a bit more information, I'll try to find an online manual for your specific devices.

Cheers,

Dan

Update:

I couldn't find an online manual, but that video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAXCYWjEK_8 ) should be enough. If in doubt, I would wait and call DSLRPros.

set up your futaba TX battery like this
2.2a - 7.4v - 2s
make sure you have LiPo battery selected in the settings...
press and hold enter for 2 secs to start..
it will ask you to confirm your settings. press yes if they match....
DONE
should take about 90 minutes

in your photo you are missing the TP/FP adaptor. the rainbow looking one with the different connectors on the end. that is your main lead.
and if you STIll can't figure it out. Call DSLRPros..... :shock:

Thanks Dan and Kelso for the tips. I was just worried about all the settings on the charger. You have definitely cleared up my worries.

Kelso does the charger have a smart cut off where it won't over charge the battery?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic