Furthest recorded distance (round trip) with stock battery and antenna.

Reaction score
Just wondering who has the bragging writes? I'm currently running at 42,000 feet.

Any takers??

Ps slight cheat - I do use a parabolic range booster ;-)

Last edited:
Just wondering who has the bragging writes? I'm currently running at 42,000 feet.

Any takers??

I have a flight at 42,966.9ft

Stock everything except a non-boosted DBS Intelite antenna on my controller.

Great achievement flying stock. You got bragging rights. I have probably flown 36000 feet stock out of the box by fluke one day just because I felt like losing my aircraft.

The only problem is that this is akin to performing a stunt with no safety equipment. Fly far - lose your signal. Then wonder how long before you see life on your screen. The P3 will limp back RTH at 15mph - if you don't get your signal back it will land somewhere at 10% battery- it will never get back to your home point due to your distance flown out. Unless you have tracking on board you won't know where it is or what happened to it.

Not trying to be a party pooper - many have gone through this journey and learnt the hard way. If you are flying far don't hedge your bets on the signal been there with a parabolic booster just to be 'stock' - take maximum precautions and arm yourself with the best chance of a failsafe. Improve your signal so you have 15 mile range but fly only 7. You are then creating redundancy.

I am no expert but with over a 100 long range flights near enough a million feet in distance (in total) I have experienced all the ups and downs of this hobby. This is not just with the P3, done this with the Inspire 1 and M100 Matrice.

enjoy..

Any takers??

I just do not understand these numbers on the stock battery ? I flew 4334metres from home point and about 8000 in total and landed with like under 20 percent battery how are you getting so much more. The signal is not the issue but battery life

I just do not understand these numbers on the stock battery ? I flew 4334metres from home point and about 8000 in total and landed with like under 20 percent battery how are you getting so much more. The signal is not the issue but battery life

Argh - you figured this crazy 'sport' of flying far out for no purpose... a P3 battery can flight approx 27,000 feet each way and back for a total of 54000 feet in ideal conditions. That is over 15Km
You land at 5% battery but you fly flat out in ATTI. With a battery mod you can extend this to 11km each way (22km round trip)

Argh - you figured this crazy 'sport' of flying far out for no purpose... a P3 battery can flight approx 27,000 feet each way and back for a total of 54000 feet in ideal conditions. That is over 15Km
You land at 5% battery but you fly flat out in ATTI. With a battery mod you can extend this to 11km each way (22km round trip)
Wow that's great to hear I have not scratched the surface as of yet and that's great to hear

Someone is gonna make a lot of money if they can develop a battery that will fly longer and simply plug in like the one that comes with the p 3. I know I will happily pay double for one

I have a flight at 42,966.9ft

Stock everything except a non-boosted DBS Intelite antenna on my controller.

Here's the video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And the Flight Log
fIQY5CT.jpg

Great achievement flying stock. You got bragging rights. I have probably flown 36000 feet stock out of the box by fluke one day just because I felt like losing my aircraft.

The only problem is that this is akin to performing a stunt with no safety equipment. Fly far - lose your signal. Then wonder how long before you see life on your screen. The P3 will limp back RTH at 15mph - if you don't get your signal back it will land somewhere at 10% battery- it will never get back to your home point due to your distance flown out. Unless you have tracking on board you won't know where it is or what happened to it.

Not trying to be a party pooper - many have gone through this journey and learnt the hard way. If you are flying far don't hedge your bets on the signal been there with a parabolic booster just to be 'stock' - take maximum precautions and arm yourself with the best chance of a failsafe. Improve your signal so you have 15 mile range but fly only 7. You are then creating redundancy.

I am no expert but with over a 100 long range flights near enough a million feet in distance (in total) I have experienced all the ups and downs of this hobby. This is not just with the P3, done this with the Inspire 1 and M100 Matrice.

enjoy..

The OP didn't say half his distance was away and half back. I've flown 20000' and never been more that 1500 feet away from the bird. It's possible he did it LOS.

enjoy..

Yes it's a risk and not for the faint of heart, many things can go wrong. But a lot of the risk can be reduced by testing your location with a couple batteries first. Even then there's the chance that you'll lose your bird. It's not something I'll be doing regularly. I wanted to push the P3's limit.

does it make sense to think you get more battery life by turning off camera and front LEDS

Any way to reduce current drain certainly 'reserves' more for other uses so it does make sense but how much is saved???

Difficult to test due to varying flight conditions.

It's a massive buzz not knowing if you're going to make it. I also adjust the camera to reduce drag. It all counts!

Yeah my race car goes 9.13 at 168mph in the quarter mile. Stock 91 civic.. Just a built motor, big a$$ turbo, thousands and thousands in drivetrain, and lots of r&d in the suspension. But its stock!!

It's all interpretation. You are modifying your car - I'm not. I'm just changing the environment my P3 is working in.

The "engine" and horsepower of my "car" is stock. Controversial but that's the way I roll...

Wouldn't mind a burn in you're motor though!

Max away from me was 5000 feet. Full signal my butt hole was just too puckered to go further as I don't want to lose my bird. That was plenty far enough for anything I'll ever do with it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic