Fun with Police RADAR Sign.

Reaction score
Greetings:

Was taking my PV for a walk around town and came across a unmanned Police RADAR Speed sign. I was curious to see if the Phantom had enough mass to activate the sign, and in fact it does. I am from the U.S. so the speed in in Miles per Hour.

Thanks,
Chuggie

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbjBv32mz6M[/youtube]

Pull_Up said:
Nicely done! Be interesting to see how that tallied up with what the app was reporting...

(Oh and by the way, what's the format to use to embed the videos in posts on this forum? Or do you just use the YouTube embed code?)

Thank You,

I was too busy piloting the phantom and making sure to pull up at the end of the flight to check the phone app reported speed against the RADAR sign speed.

For the YouTube videos, click the YouTube button, at the top of the post. Then in between the youtube in brackets place the following code...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

and after the = place the number and letter code for your YouTube video.

Thanks,
Chuggie

Here in the UK we have the dreaded double flash (gatso) speed camera sometimes sited just on the boundaries of country villages and everywhere else really.
It might be possible to set one off using the phantom at over 30 mph. Love to see their faces when they are checking the film for offenders. :roll:
Just need to make sure you have your number plate blanked out!!!!

iDrone said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MW3KJUa8FQ[/youtube]
(Clearly, this must have been one of Chuggie's earlier (1977) speed-tests)

iDrone ;)

Back in 1977, the year the Arcade game Space Invaders, came out, the Phantom would have been something from outer space.

Mactab said:
Here in the UK we have the dreaded double flash (gatso) speed camera sometimes sited just on the boundaries of country villages and everywhere else really.
It might be possible to set one off using the phantom at over 30 mph. Love to see their faces when they are checking the film for offenders. :roll:

Oh now don't go giving me ideas...! My speed record so far (downwind, naturally) is 49mph according to my Flytrex readouts so that's 6 penalty points on the licence straight away. :lol:

Simon,
It has to be done...........doesn't it ?
No flying for me for a while as I'm heading away for Christmas and new year but when I'm bored in January I think I know just the camera.

But putting my sensible hat on, make sure you do it when the road is completely clear of traffic and no pedestrians around and fully plan the flight path including margin for climb out and arresting the forward speed. Safety first and keep officialdom from having to get too interested in all these new UAVs appearing round the place for Xmas...

I like your sensible hat - it suits you especially in Christmas colours lol.
Absolutely right. the camera I know of is well away from anyone and of course it's a given not to do it with traffic about. Oh oh I feel a barrage of crits coming.
It's on a country round which is dead straight 300 yards from population and you can see at least 400 yards either way for traffic and has a farm track right along side.i shall stick a pair of sunglasses on the phantom and a moustache so it's not recognised.

Wasn't taken that way but you are right. Stuck in the office doing post pro hence being connected at this time day!
Have a god un. The wife has banned me from using it on Christmas Day as she says every one will be saying 'ooh look what he got'
I'll have to ride my bike instead.

HA!!!!!!!!! That video is awesome!! That one is a keeper Chuggie!

PF

Chuggie said:
Greetings:

Was taking my PV for a walk around town and came across a unmanned Police RADAR Speed sign. I was curious to see if the Phantom had enough mass to activate the sign, and in fact it does. I am from the U.S. so the speed in in Miles per Hour.

Thanks,
Chuggie

Next time, don't be surprised if you get pulled over by a FlameWheel F550. And out of a speaker... "OK Buddy... License and Registration... :shock: :shock: :shock:

-slinger

Chuggie said:
Greetings:

Thanks,
Chuggie

Chuggie, I enjoy your posts! Keep up the experimental field work.

Mactab said:

I believe it will work, just make sure you have a nice quiet road without auto much auto traffic, with a nice approach for your phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj