Ft. Morgan Alabama

Reaction score
Has anyone tried flying around the area of Ft. Morgan, not in or over the park, we will be staying on the beach and B4UFLY says the whole area is a no fly zone.

If you look at the FAA visualize site: ArcGIS Web Application most of the park is in an MOA controlled by Pensacola, but the western most part of the park is in a class E5 airspace which would be ok to fly as long as the park has no restrictions. I would suggest checking with Park Officials.

Besides the MOA on the bay side, there is a restricted area on the Gulf Side of that point. As noted above, you are good to the west. However, you will be standing on the line when you launch. I know it would make for some great pictures, but I would strongly advise against flying there at all. It wouldn't be worth the risk. I have flown my Cessna to Gulf Shores many times. I always got VFR flight following in that area so that ATC can help keep me from being arrested! That area is full of military airspace.

Thanks for the info. Looks like no flying for me, we are actually staying about five miles east of the park, was hoping to get some beach footage at low levels. Oh well one less thing to pack so the girlfriend can take the kitchen sink now.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj