Frsky XJT, FLD -02 and X8R Activating Telemetry

Reaction score
Hi,

Writing this hoping it will appear in Google, so poor suckers like me don't sit wondering for hours staring at transmitters, FLD -02's and Frsky X8R RX's, poorly written and incomplete manuals.

In the manual of the Frsky XJT module it states that if you connect to a Frsky X8R reciever you have to choose for D16 and that's two dipswitches down.

In the manual of the Frsky X8R rx it says to order to bind in D16 with telemetry, just press the failsafe button and press the bind button on the Frsky XJT module.

Logical steps.

But, no telemetry on the FLD-02.

That is, because the XJT doesn't do telemetry in combination with the FLD-02 and X8R in D16 mode.

You have to bind the X8R in D8 mode (jumper on 7&8 signal) , and set the the XJT in D8 mode as well, that is left dip switch up.

Et voila, telemetry.

Just connect your smart port sensors to the smart port sensor connection of the X8R.

For SEO: Frsky XJT, FLD -02 and X8R Activating Telemetry.

:)

Re: Frsky XJT, FLD -02 and X8R Activating Telemetry

Thanks for the heads-up, that might have driven me batty if I'd run in to it. Right now I'm using a DJT instead of an XJT so I bound in D8 anyway (and of course had no problems w/telemetry that way). But, I was thinking of using the XJT instead in the future...doesn't binding that way limit you to 8 channels total, or just 8 thorough s-bus? I know on a Phantom it wouldn't matter for the s-bus, but I wanted to know if using telemetry w/the XJT (via binding in D8 mode) will keep me from using the PPM ports as well. You know, for stuff...

It limits to 8 channels, so just one stuff left :)

But, this just in combination with a FLD-02.

There will be new thingy, dashboard or so, that will allow to bind in D16 and have 16 channels and telemetry on the XJT.

And I guess that on a Taranis it will be no problem, 16 channels and telemetry. (and a second X8R)

But what do I know. :?

Ahhh, I see. So I'll just keep it in D8 for now and await the unknown glories to come out of their new facility.

I'll be very interested to see whether the new "smart dashboard" works with the Taranis (and what it even looks like)...the only drawback to that controller (for me) is the lack of native FLV-02 support. Having telemetry on the main screen with audible warnings is nice and all, but sometimes I just want something closer to my line of sight for visual checks.

Hi!

I´m trying to bind an FrSky XJT with a X8R in D8 mode, but I´m not able to... :(

I set the jumper between signal pins 7 & 8, I connect the Naza with the SBUS port, and I turn on the receiver powering the naza while pressing F/S (or without, it doesn´t matters), and then I power on my XJT transmitter (connected to a Turnigy 9XR with the FLD02, and with the left dip up) pressing the white botton. The red lights in XJT and X8R starts to blink while the green one is static in both, and the XJT starts to beep, then I power-cycle both and the red/green ligths in X8R remains on (without blinks) and in the XJT the red light is on and the green light is blinking...

If I try to bind both in D16 mode, the bind process works ok but obviosly, the FLD02 screen doesn`t show anything...

I'm doing something wrong?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20