FRSKY TARANIS

Reaction score
Hey guys! What are you guys' thoughts on this radio. Looking into buying one. How easy is it to set up, is it a good quality product, is the computer software good, what batteries are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use one for all of my multirotors. I was a Spektrum user before but after I tried the Taranis I sold all my Spektrum gear, it's that good.
It's easy to set up as it doesn't assume you are trying to program a heli or fixed wing craft and thus give you mixes you don't want. Nothing does anything unless you tell it to.
The stock battery is OK but I've swapped it for an Eneloop set of cells which keeps me flying for hours between charges.

16 channels on the X8R receiver (8 via s-bus then 8 more traditional) is so useful.

rilot said:
I use one for all of my multirotors. I was a Spektrum user before but after I tried the Taranis I sold all my Spektrum gear, it's that good.
It's easy to set up as it doesn't assume you are trying to program a heli or fixed wing craft and thus give you mixes you don't want. Nothing does anything unless you tell it to.
The stock battery is OK but I've swapped it for an Eneloop set of cells which keeps me flying for hours between charges.

16 channels on the X8R receiver (8 via s-bus then 8 more traditional) is so useful.
Thanks! I'm a beginner and still fly with stock radio. I saw all these features and the price is hard to beat! Me being a beginner I don't really have any programming experience, how hard is it to setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about the tx modules for it? I want to be able to control a Blade Nano, as well as the P2. I can't replace the receiver on the Nano.

GhostMaster said:
Use a OrangeRX DSM2 module, cheap and works, as for the phantom i recommend the X8R.

Ok, so the built-in radio in the Taranis speaks some protocol (what is it?) that the Phantom 2 doesn't understand. So, I need the X8R receiver to get the Phantom to work with the built-in radio and then I would pop the DSM2 module into the Taranis so I can bind to my Blade gear?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj