Front Leds

Reaction score
Aside from horizon major issues like everyone else, my new P4 cannot hold a point either? Camera just slowly drops down (takes many seconds).

And now the front red lights never stay on?? Wth?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Camera just slowly drops down (takes many seconds).
Are you saying the camera moves with no input from you? If so, try calibrating your remote controller in DJI GO.

And now the front red lights never stay on?
Here are the DJI GO settings to turn on the front lights:

DJI-GO-Turn-Off-LEDs.png

DJI-GO-Turn-Off-LEDs-For-Photos.jpg

Msinger : Yeah, did that before posting. My bad for not fully explaining my issue. Normally, I really try to troubleshoot myself first, look up the issues, check this site (and others). I couldn't find an exact remedy.

My first few flights on this new P4, went well. I don't quite recall the FW it came on, but after a few days of rain.... I got it back out needed to update. Updated through the app, RC connected to AC, and the horizon got worse and that's when I realized the red lights actually do not come on now. Today was rainy, so will see tomorrow. Small house, 3 kids, dogs, so I am not even going to power up indoors.

and then on the IMU, compass, etc..... the only way I have not calibrated is the "cold fridge/freezer" method. tried my phone vs. tablet (even though both work on the P3S), different SD card, etc. Literally, the view is a bit crooked horizontally, then with zero inputs (straight hover any altitude and any cardinal direction wind/no wind) the gimbal/camera just ever so slowly drops. like in 20 to 30 seconds will be looking straight down. Prior to the update, this did not happen. No crashes, no sport mode prior to this starting, no aggressive flying, just slow steady inputs.

Did your P4 or contractor get drenched in the rain water or got exposed to very high humidity?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Note Gimbal calibration to be done after IMU calibration and same level surface but you should already know this.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I think the 35 degree weather is affecting my lights. Can't make sense of it. Sometimes they turn on, and others they are off. Yesterday, the red lights turned off when I used the shutter button on the controller vs. using the app. Anyone have this happen?

Oh, and thanks to all for the help/replies. I have tried everything everyone suggested prior. I'm never going to claim to be an expert, but I really do thumb through most of the options before getting others involved.

I think the 35 degree weather is affecting my lights. Can't make sense of it. Sometimes they turn on, and others they are off. Yesterday, the red lights turned off when I used the shutter button on the controller vs. using the app. Anyone have this happen?

Oh, and thanks to all for the help/replies. I have tried everything everyone suggested prior. I'm never going to claim to be an expert, but I really do thumb through most of the options before getting others involved.
In GO app there is a auto function for the front lights that will turn them off to video or picture to prevent light glare in the camera lens.

the cold weather per se shouldn't effect this , sounds like a short in the electronics, maybe the expansion / contraction between cold and warm weather is the trigger.

Reactions: ShivarenoP3
the cold weather per se shouldn't effect this , sounds like a short in the electronics, maybe the expansion / contraction between cold and warm weather is the trigger.
This is where my head is at too on the lights. The gimbal "dropping" the focal point is still not working. No filters attached or anything. My P3 Standard is outperforming the P4 in the imagery sense. Bummer.

This is where my head is at too on the lights. The gimbal "dropping" the focal point is still not working. No filters attached or anything. My P3 Standard is outperforming the P4 in the imagery sense. Bummer.

i'd send it back to DJI :( they've been much better with their turn around time lately!

Well I haven't busted this open yet to see if anything is indeed loose or not. Today was super sunny and the lights worked 100 percent. It was 28 degrees when I fired it up. Maybe the fogish cold weather was the issue.

P3S & P4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik