Front led's different color

S

sandman259

I just noticed something weird tonight. I got my drone back from Dji a couple days ago with them fixing a main control board problem. The front led's are one red one green, and there solid like before but I believe there suppose to be both red right when it's all ready to fly? I haven't flown it for a few weeks so I couldn't remember if they were suppose to be both red or both green, but after looking on some pics on-line looks like they are suppose to be both red. Everything is calibrated and its says safe to fly and all settings are good. It still flys the same and it seems all good as before just the different color lights. I'm gonna have to call Dji Monday to make sure all is ok. I really don't care if there different color, actually I think it looks kinda neat I just want to make sure that it doesn't mean somethings wrong or anything...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

They may have installed the wrong LED diodes...
Should be two red up front, two green in the rear...when it's warmed up, satellites connected, safe/ready to fly.
But they all blink red when RTH kicks in, or the flight battery reaches the critical level.

RedHotPoker

The back two are blinking green like normal,it's just the front two are red/green.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Red Green. Hahaha what a silly guy that was.
Well if you don't mind multi coloured headlamps, no problem.
As long as it doesn't affect any LED error warnings.

RedHotPoker

a29519355c6b62e9ead548b5fdad722a_thumb.jpg

I think it looks kinda neat, if there's nothing wrong with it being like this I'll just leave it and be original...lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The back do everything there suppose to during warm up, safe to fly, and critical battery warning etc...

Yup, you have reversed your blinkers... Haha

Fly backwards.. ;-)

RedHotPoker

The LEDs shouldn't have been touched though. And the rear lights change from green, yellow, red, not solid green so not sure how it could be a rear light they have on the front[emoji848] maybe they just wanted mine to be super cool[emoji12]

They probably soldered the wires from the LED board to the main board the wrong way round. I think it looks cool. :)

Looking at your photo, this is exactly what you would see if a full size aircraft was approaching. Red is port nav light and green is starboard. So I think this is how it should have been in the first place, I have always disliked two reds at the front. You seem to have got a free upgrade!

They are 5050 RGB leds, there is no wrong way to wire them. They have a positive, negative and a signal wire. The led driver on the mainboard tells the what color to show. Something else is wrong.
I believe the front and rear led assembly has the same part number?
These are not like the old escs with the leds built in.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using PhantomPilots mobile app

They are 5050 RGB leds, there is no wrong way to wire them. They have a positive, negative and a signal wire. The led driver on the mainboard tells the what color to show. Something else is wrong.
I believe the front and rear led assembly has the same part number?
These are not like the old escs with the leds built in.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using PhantomPilots mobile app
You are wrong. They are RGB leds allright, but the three wires that come from the LED board are 2 anodes (for red and green) and one common cathode. The anode for blue is not connected to anything. Obviously when you cross the two anodes you get the result that OP has.

Everything seams fine other then the different colors..I will call Dji Monday and check to see if it's no big deal to leave it...

Update...I peaked inside the vents with a light and could see the yellow and black wires were switched on the led's compared to the others. So I went a head and switched them back myself. All is good now and red in the front on both lights[emoji106]

Hahaha, you da man. You Da Man!! ;-)

A little investigation, after some conversation, and walla..
Way to go...
The ingenuity and smarts on this forum continue to amaze even me. Hahaha
We need a self help section... ;-)

RedHotPoker

You are wrong. They are RGB leds allright, but the three wires that come from the LED board are 2 anodes (for red and green) and one common cathode. The anode for blue is not connected to anything. Obviously when you cross the two anodes you get the result that OP has.
Yes, exactly.

What color is the common wire? I'll be adding a switch for the two rear lights in an upcoming project.

Not sure...the two that I switched to match the rest were yellow/black...

Reactions: mikesmiley

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie