Fried amp?

Reaction score
Hey people,

Yesterday I added a 5.8 amp and a 2.4 amp to my dbs antenna for my p3 standard worked great yesterday and half of my flight today and then the green light on the 2.4 amp just quit no blue or green light just dead. I have a 3000 may 12 volt battery running them and I'm pretty sure the amps are meant for 12 volts. Anyone else ever have this happen ?

Yea they are the silver sunhans i... They worked great but the one just quit working no green or blue light....I read in a different thread that they can fry if the power wire is loose or if you power them up without an antenna. I did power it up a couple of times when I first got it without antenna. Also the way I had it mounted there was quite a bit of pressure on the power cable where it connects so in hindsight it couldove been either of those two things. I have another one coming tomorrow, this time knowing what I know now hopefully it won't happen again. I just hope amps frying isn't a common occurence

Hmm maybe I just got a bad one.....I have two of em coming tomorrow just in case I hope they work

Thanks for the input !

Here's my setup, had them (Sunhans) for two months now and all three work great. Maybe a dozen flights.
IMAG0268.jpg

Same thing I got except I only had one 2.4 GHz amp I was flying today with just the 5.8 because the 2.4 fried, got two more coming tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_20161215_221110.jpg
    IMG_20161215_221110.jpg
    824.6 KB · Views: 247
Same thing I got except I only had one 2.4 GHz amp I was flying today with just the 5.8 because the 2.4 fried, got two more coming tomorrow.
Are you in a CE or FAA mode area ? And what's your max distance to date with this setup?

I don't know what CD or FFA means, but mymax distance so far is about 1500 meters where I live here in Wisconsin and there's a lot of hills and trees so I'm pretty sure the hills and trees block some signal I want to try to go up on top of a hill and see if I can go further

I don't know what CD or FFA means, but mymax distance so far is about 1500 meters where I live here in Wisconsin and there's a lot of hills and trees so I'm pretty sure the hills and trees block some signal I want to try to go up on top of a hill and see if I can go further
Than your in a FAA (USA) mode area (more RC power). Most of the rest of the world is in CE mode (low RC power). With your set up DBS with amps you'll soon double that range.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik