Fresh from DJI repair shop. Compass wrong??

Reaction score
Just got my p2v+ back from DJI repairs.
Ran the advanced calibration and the compass calibration several times. Each time things say successful, but on my phone I can see the orientation of the craft is wrong.
If I line up my controller and craft pointing north, the screen on the phone has the craft pointing east.
I've searched all over, played with magnets for 20-30 seconds around the compass, ran the calibration in normal and advanced... Nothing seems to be helping.
Any thoughts?
Thanks... P.s I've tried searching this forum before posting, but "compass" is an ignored word.

Why not calibrate the quad? That's the process that is related to the compass.

flyNfrank said:
Why not calibrate the quad? That's the process that is related to the compass.

He did quote "Ran the advanced calibration and the compass calibration several times"

The orientation on the phone will be affected by an out of calibration sensor in the phone.
There are plenty of apps to help fix this.

If using an Android device, there are some apps that will calibrate the compass in the "GPS" section here:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/#Software

If using an Apple device, you can use the "Compass" app that comes pre-installed on your device.

iOS.... iphone 4... its an extra phone I thought I might just leave dedicated for the Phantom....
I will try calibrating the compass on the phone and I will also try using a different device... iPhone 6 to see if it makes any difference.
Should I be afraid to let it take of when the compass on the app shows it pointing the wrong way?
Thanks for all the suggestions and the quick responses.

Yourguide said:
I will try calibrating the compass on the phone and I will also try using a different device
If this does not fix the problem, then I'd recommend you not fly since the issue would most likely be with the Phantom's compass at that point.

jaykay2PT said:
quick thought, is the "lid" on in the wrong orientation? i.e. the GPS unit not facing the right way!! just thinking out loud
the lid has orientation marks and the gps only goes one way.

Yourguide said:
Just got my p2v+ back from DJI repairs.
Ran the advanced calibration and the compass calibration several times. Each time things say successful, but on my phone I can see the orientation of the craft is wrong.
If I line up my controller and craft pointing north, the screen on the phone has the craft pointing east.
I've searched all over, played with magnets for 20-30 seconds around the compass, ran the calibration in normal and advanced... Nothing seems to be helping.
Any thoughts?
Thanks... P.s I've tried searching this forum before posting, but "compass" is an ignored word.
Welcome to the forum :)
Tried wrong search , use this and you will find lots viewtopic.php?f=32&t=22453#p205474
Wish this one was at the top of the pages instead of the one that is . You find this one in stickies in General Discussions ;)

Yourguide said:
iOS.... iphone 4... its an extra phone I thought I might just leave dedicated for the Phantom....
I will try calibrating the compass on the phone and I will also try using a different device... iPhone 6 to see if it makes any difference.
Should I be afraid to let it take of when the compass on the app shows it pointing the wrong way?

My question, are you pointing the phone in the correct direction?

RichWest said:
Yourguide said:

My question, are you pointing the phone in the correct direction?

Lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1