Free P3 BATTERY to first person who can help me - MC error, abnormal comp., yellow-red-green lights.

Reaction score
SEE MY LATEST POST FOR MORE DETAILS. I WILL SHIP YOU A BRAND NEW BATTERY (OR PAYPAL YOU $149) IF YOU CAN ME BY SATURDAY 6-20-15 AT 2PMI

am very desperate... I've searched for two days nothing can help me from what I've read.

Pro model.
Firmware update went well. 2 great flights.
Then.. Did IMU calibration. Success.
Go out to fly, I am getting MC unable to comm with gimbal error and abnormal compass error.
I have recalibrated IMU.. OK except Compass readings are all zero.
I have RC signal and video.. But
Gimbal turns on gets level as normal, then goes limp.

PLEASE HELP ME I NEED THIS BIRD IN THE AIR TOMORROW.. I will PayPal anyone who helps with success.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SEE MY LATEST POST FOR MORE DETAILS. I WILL SHIP YOU A BRAND NEW BATTERY (OR PAYPAL YOU $149) IF YOU CAN ME BY SATURDAY 6-20-15 AT 2PM

Last edited:
I am very desperate... I've searched for two days nothing can help me from what I've read.

Pro model.
Firmware update went well. 2 great flights.
Then.. Did IMU calibration. Success.
Go out to fly, I am getting MC unable to comm with gimbal error and abnormal compass error.
I have recalibrated IMU.. OK except Compass readings are all zero.
I have RC signal and video.. But
Gimbal turns on gets level as normal, then goes limp.

PLEASE HELP ME I NEED THIS BIRD IN THE AIR TOMORROW.. I will PayPal anyone who helps with success.

My P3A gave me a MC error. This was after it asked for an update. After the update, MC error and can not cal. the IMU. They told me to send it in. 6-8 weeks! My camera does the same thing.

My P3A gave me a MC error. This was after it asked for an update. After the update, MC error and can not cal. the IMU. They told me to send it in. 6-8 weeks! My camera does the same thing.
The only thing I could suggest would be to reinstall everything, Pilot app included and go through all the documented calibrations again. That might very well help or it could result in the total frustration you are experiencing now. That beats sending it back for warranty service, because of the delays in getting in back--- 6 to 8 weeks.

Nothing is going to solve the issue by tomorrow unless it is a redo of the entire set up process. You might get lucky. It does work with computer issues on the desktop sometimes.:(:confused:

I just am so frustrated I don't even want to look at it anymore. It's ruined a trip that was planned, cost me hours of frustration.. Debating IF I get it fixed, to just going with another platform.. The manual has ZERO guidance on my specific error message... Zero solutions I can find online... I've tried everything.

The only thing I could suggest would be to reinstall everything, Pilot app included and go through all the documented calibrations again. That might very well help or it could result in the total frustration you are experiencing now. That beats sending it back for warranty service, because of the delays in getting in back--- 6 to 8 weeks.

Nothing is going to solve the issue by tomorrow unless it is a redo of the entire set up process. You might get lucky. It does work with computer issues on the desktop sometimes.:(:confused:
Honestly I can't find instructions on how to reinstall everything? If I put in card with firmware... It'll purely not download. What are the steps for resetting back to stock?

Upping my offer to free new Phantom 3 battery to anyone who can give me specific steps how to fix this tonight. Pm me for contact info or reply here

Honestly I can't find instructions on how to reinstall everything? If I put in card with firmware... It'll purely not download. What are the steps for resetting back to stock?

you cant reset the firmware back to stock, unfortunately.

but you can reinstall it exactly like the instructions say and recalibrate every thing, including a cold IMU calibration, gimbal calibration, and compass calibration. Uninstall the old DJI Pilot app-- whichever version you have, and reinstall the proper version. If you are using android, a new version was released today and is on the Play Store. If you are using IOS, go to the DJI website and download that app. Do all this before you update the firmware again and before you do all the recalibrations. This whole process will take no more than an hour at the most. When you are finished and if you have the same issues, then it will probably have to go back to DJI or an authorized repair center.

Good luck:)

Dude I phantom is ruined too by this ******* software update. DJI as a company sucks. Its a joke that I cant revert back to a previous version of the firmware. My camera spins and shakes around violently when I turn this thing on. tech support doesnt have a clue what is going on and they say I cant just do a hard reset.

Specifically I am getting a Gimbal motor overload.

Here is a video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-18-10-12-08.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-18-10-12-08.png
    635.1 KB · Views: 426
Reactions: YolevonALLin
Yeah similar stuff for me... And even though it's some stupid software problem... I feel as thought mine is unfixable due to the lack of support. And best case is a month wait.. If I order another in the meantime I risk having two junk p3

Try the google link in my signature.

So will I just literally drop the last update on the card again, stick it in? Do I need to downgrade the firmware again? Thanks, you guys came up with some good things to try, whoever is correct I will hook you up!

Offer still stands! Free battery to anyone who helps me. I did firmware.. File said firmware has already been updated.. Then said success. Gimbal still went limp... What calibration should I do on the app first that might help get it back started? I checked all cables and all appear fine?

remove the memory card.
power up.

Maybe find another memory card.

remove the memory card.
power up.

Maybe find another memory card.
To all, thanks! Good fix ideas. Brand new memory card, bought it today, formatted, Tried firmware again with it.. And the above happened aka already downloaded.. , Standisk ultra. All brands I've tried before. So not SD card. Gimbal is limp (only after it boots up, solid until then) won't alow and gimbal Cal

So will I just literally drop the last update on the card again, stick it in? Do I need to downgrade the firmware again? Thanks, you guys came up with some good things to try, whoever is correct I will hook you up!
To all, thanks! Good fix ideas. Brand new memory card, bought it today, formatted, Tried firmware again with it.. And the above happened aka already downloaded.. , Standisk ultra. All brands I've tried before. So not SD card. Gimbal is limp (only after it boots up, solid until then) won't alow and gimbal Cal

You say the gimbal is solid until it boots up-- that is the opposite of what it should be. the gimbal should move freely and after the Phantom is turned on, the gimbal should move around several times and then lock in firm with the camera point to the front?? The gimbal should not be solid before you power the air craft on.

Please explain what you mean by "solid until then"

You say the gimbal is solid until it boots up-- that is the opposite of what it should be. the gimbal should move freely and after the Phantom is turned on, the gimbal should move around several times and then lock in firm with the camera point to the front?? The gimbal should not be solid before you power the air craft on.

Please explain what you mean by "solid until then"
Good point. Let me clarify it all, and if I repeat other stuff, forgive me.

Background: Experienced P2 owner., new p3, shipped last Monday, amazing 2 flights - update latest pro firmware 2 days later. - 2 great flights.

Imu recall next day (safe move right?) here's what happened after:

1. Green light it- Gimbal does its nice and normal start up "dance" when I start start it.. Aka the look-around thing....

Then goes into the rock solid, horizontal mode where we know the gimbal is doing it magic, has power, boot up whatever. Looks good.

2) ..during this whole dance of phantom normalcy, the lights immediately switch from yellow (normal) to yellow- red - green Rapid fire blinking...

3) Right after this, gimbal makes a tiny move downward, then falls like limp DJIck (back to what it appears as if P3 is off) - get specific for the real problem solvers, every 5-10 seconds after limp mode, it kind of twitches a tad, very small bit and I can barely see it, also see it in cam view. Which is working all the time.

4) The controller (turned on after unit duh) is connected, green light, all good. I can even see the limp DJIck camera view. BUT after limp DJIck happens, I get:

5) imu calibration comes up with normal readings, except compass us 0-0-0-etc

What is going on guys? No crash, no stupid stuff on my end...I reinstalled software. Gimbal calibration says OK.. but gimbal never moves? Maybe it's a stupid fix, or even a way to "start over".. But I literally am desperate for one day of video tomorrow for a very important purpose.

- ABNORMAL compass error,
- MC can't ≈ connect to gimbal
- restart or call support, etc.

I can't even try to recal compass.
I tried to reach install firmware (all success confirmed)

Try the google link in my signature.
One didn't work, one did.. I will send back before I open her up, bc of warranty, but thanks. No crashes or even a tip over. I'm a good pilot.. Thanks though, good call. Might be right, can afford to open it though.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic