Free fall

Reaction score
ok so Im getting rid of my phantom vision as its camera is done and decided to get crazy

went up to 800 ft did a CSC and she fell like a rock
Did a CSC again and throttled up it took a little bit but she righted herself and stopped cold about 500ft so dropped 300 ft in a few seconds :shock: :shock: :shock:
Always wondered if that would work since I got her now I know . Don't know if the + gimbal would hold up to the flip as she did some tumbling :shock:
but in a emergency now I know I can drop and recover :D

Hey, good to know, but technically you did it with mine...:) I thought you were packing it up....

DBSAM said:
Hey, good to know, but technically you did it with mine...:) I thought you were packing it up....

no yours is a phantom + this is my vision 1 first camera no gimple
don't worry yours is packed and waiting on ups ;)

Attachments

• rsz_1watchin_you.jpg
    rsz_1watchin_you.jpg
    564 KB · Views: 578
Still snow...I am glad ours has been gone.
Every notice any interference from the high voltage lines?

DBSAM said:
Still snow...I am glad ours has been gone.
Every notice any interference from the high voltage lines?

No even in south Dakota the snow has gone this is a photo taken earlier
No power lines are not a issue see here http://youtu.be/X7EAS9sGVho
I fly over and around the all the time never drop anything wifi or control
have gone over and went out 3000 ft to my brothers house and no issues
great bird

I flew once around them with my Vision+, I had not a single problem, but that was only once...
btw, ordered a flytrex...don't think I have the b?lls to break your records, but....haha
Sorry for taken the treads off course...

On topic through, what is a CC?

skyhighdiver said:
ok so Im getting rid of my phantom vision as its camera is done and decided to get crazy

went up to 800 ft did a CC and she fell like a rock
Did a CC again and throttled up it took a little bit but she righted herself and stopped cold about 500ft so dropped 300 ft in a few seconds :shock: :shock: :shock:
Always wondered if that would work since I got her know I know . Don't know if the + gimbal would hold up to the flip as she did some tumbling

you crazy bastard lol

wish you had a video of it!

tizzl10 said:
the hell is a CC?

Sorry missed a letter

Corrected

2 Starting/Stopping the Motors
2.1 Starting Motors
A Combination Stick Command (CSC) is used to start the motors instead of simply pushing the stick up. (Figure 50)
Push both sticks to their bottom corners to start the motors. Once the motors have spun up, release both sticks
simultaneously.

skyhighdiver said:

Did a CSC again and throttled up it took a little bit but she righted herself and stopped cold about 500ft so dropped 300 ft in a few seconds :shock: :shock: :shock:
Always wondered if that would work since I got her know I know . Don't know if the + gimbal would hold up to the flip as she did some tumbling

mr. newton is so proud of you...? you just proved his theory again. 3.5 seconds free fall !

skyhighdiver said:

Always wondered if that would work since I got her now I know . Don't know if the + gimbal would hold up to the flip as she did some tumbling :shock:

so you intentionally shut down the motors while in flight as a proof of concept so you could perform a CSC start up while freefalling? got video?

tizzl10 said:
skyhighdiver said:

so you intentionally shut down the motors while in flight as a proof of concept so you could perform a CSC start up while freefalling? got video?

Im crazy not stupid :eek:
no If you read op this is with my vision 1 non working camera
that's why I felt ok to try got a new +
don't get me wrong glad I didn't lose her but if I did hey what a way to go
Now you know if you need to drop fast ( plane heli other coming) you can like stated not sure how a gimbal would hold up

skyhighdiver said:

I'm not sure how you fit through doorways with having such large balls. :D

Postby MattUNI2001 » Thu May 15, 2014 9:38 am

I'm not sure how you fit through doorways with having such large balls

They were pretty small as it fell for 200ft but yes they swelled after recovery :shock: :shock: :shock: :D

dragonash said:
skyhighdiver said:

went up to 800 ft did a CC and she fell like a rock
Did a CC again and throttled up it took a little bit but she righted herself and stopped cold about 500ft so dropped 300 ft in a few seconds :shock: :shock: :shock:

you crazy bastard lol

wish you had a video of it!

I may do again this weekend and have wife try to video from the ground weather depending

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.