Fraud Warning: FDRDroneMods.com Boyton Beach, Florida

Reaction score
Just a quick heads up.

I sent a DJI Controller to these folks to be modified with SMA connectors for an external antenna. The website looks legit but they disappeared. They have my controller and I'll likely never see it again. Just fair warning because they show many seemingly useful DJI accessories on their website. There's even a phone number for a guy named Freddy. Should be named Fraudy!

You can leave messages and emails but you'll never get a response. After a little detective work it appears he ran another bogus operation.

I opened a claim with PayPal and they were able to recover the money, but the brand new controller I sent him to modify is a lost cause I'm afraid.

Deadbeat. Be forewarned

I looked up the info on the website which came up with this

Domain Name: FDRDRONEMODS.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1941296132_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Update Date: 2015-09-06T04:17:23Z
Creation Date: 2015-06-23T12:02:04Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2017-06-23T12:02:04Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4806242505
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Finis West
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 5107 Wakefield Lane
Registrant City: Wichita Falls
Registrant State/Province: Texas
Registrant Postal Code: 76310
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.9406912111
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Finis West
Admin Organization:
Admin Street: 5107 Wakefield Lane
Admin City: Wichita Falls
Admin State/Province: Texas
Admin Postal Code: 76310
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.9406912111
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: [email protected]
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: Finis West
Tech Organization:
Tech Street: 5107 Wakefield Lane
Tech City: Wichita Falls
Tech State/Province: Texas
Tech Postal Code: 76310
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.9406912111
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: [email protected]
Name Server: DNS.SITE5.COM
Name Server: DNS2.SITE5.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2016-09-09T5:00:00Z <<<

For more information on Whois status codes, please visit EPP Status Codes | What Do They Mean, and Why Should I Know? - ICANN

The data contained in GoDaddy.com, LLC's WHOIS database,
while believed by the company to be reliable, is provided "as is"
with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy. This
information is provided for the sole purpose of assisting you
in obtaining information about domain name registration records.
Any use of this data for any other purpose is expressly forbidden without the prior written
permission of GoDaddy.com, LLC. By submitting an inquiry,
you agree to these terms of usage and limitations of warranty. In particular,
you agree not to use this data to allow, enable, or otherwise make possible,
dissemination or collection of this data, in part or in its entirety, for any
purpose, such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising and
solicitations of any kind, including spam. You further agree
not to use this data to enable high volume, automated or robotic electronic
processes designed to collect or compile this data for any purpose,
including mining this data for your own personal or commercial purposes.

Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specified
in the "registrant" section. In most cases, GoDaddy.com, LLC
is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database.

See Underlying Registry Data
Report Invalid Whois

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Waylander
He's pretty dumb to have all this info so easily available if he is indeed guilty

Go to his Facebook page at 需要安全验证

You'll get his name Freddy Del Rosario, and then his personal Facebook page, and you'll see he is owner of Tropical Plumbing & Air

0ac7d78ed1caca5b292ad080a967c404.jpg

d7c707b14c9d43fbc0fbff191744d49a.jpg

2c4b86218ee1226946a99f967a97fd6f.jpg

85f096129308cb01636a8f1d76624c20.jpg

Reactions: Waylander
Seriously doubt he would have missed his cover that bad if what everybody says is going on is really going on. I certainly wouldn't have. My bet is that guy has no idea he's linked in any way. That's a helluva dice to roll if you're wrong.

Just a quick heads up.

I sent a DJI Controller to these folks to be modified with SMA connectors for an external antenna. The website looks legit but they disappeared. They have my controller and I'll likely never see it again. Just fair warning because they show many seemingly useful DJI accessories on their website. There's even a phone number for a guy named Freddy. Should be named Fraudy!

You can leave messages and emails but you'll never get a response. After a little detective work it appears he ran another bogus operation.

I opened a claim with PayPal and they were able to recover the money, but the brand new controller I sent him to modify is a lost cause I'm afraid.

Deadbeat. Be forewarned

I am not being critical at all, but others should know that installing SMA connectors is very straightforward with Jake's clean install kit. There is more than one great YouTube video. Cost? About $35 if you want the external cables--less if you don't.

Reactions: Fdnyfish
Dexter! We need you back!

He has also stolen thousands of dollars from people who pre ordered the Titan antenna . He has had one excuse after another and no one has received their antenna and never will . Also many people are having difficulty getting their refund from PayPal . Freddy del Rosario is a thief and a liar. Stay clear of his company fdrdronemods. Also I have seen dozens of similar stories like the one told above. This is a common theme. Freddy is a piece of trash!!

Apparently some people think I am Freddy, or work for him. I am not!

I was a one time customer over a year ago, and posted a link to his website.

I urge you guys to contact Paypal for refunds.

Sorry for the confusion, hope it all works out.

Reactions: BigAl07
Apparently some people think I am Freddy, or work for him. I am not!

I was a one time customer over a year ago, and posted a link to his website.

I urge you guys to contact Paypal for refunds.

Sorry for the confusion, hope it all works out.

Fdnyfish.. IS NOT Freddy nor does he work with him. Fdnyfish is a well known guy in the DJI Phantom Community. He's done a lot of good things for the hobby.

Johnny
Evolution3D.com

Reactions: Fdnyfish
Just a quick heads up.

Deadbeat. Be forewarned
i havent yet unloaded or shared my experience, which is pretty clear cut, still waiting and hoping he will do the right thing for me but, if we put our cases together Freddie will have a serious problem to deal with, im not sure what its called but it sure cant be legal.

How do you know he's not shipping ? I mean Kickstarter does this all the time! Tons of pre order monies and taking months to fill the orders with no communication!

Even DJI Doesn't communicate!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Have you read these posts? Arent you curious why people are all saying this? Lets put it this way, their not just writing this about him for no reason. I promised myself i would not share my experience and its hard not to so ill just say, read what others have said again, good luck.

Have you read these posts? Arent you curious why people are all saying this? Lets put it this way, their not just writing this about him for no reason. I promised myself i would not share my experience and its hard not to so ill just say, read what others have said again, good luck.

OK , I'll bite. Whats the big deal about not sharing your experience, ? Why don't you want others to know ?

You are right, i guess its dumb to not explain more. I never write bad reviews on restaurants or anyone really , thats why i kept it short.
I also dont want to hurt others . Ill just say that my experience was not good . If he does something dumb that affects me or my family,
or sends anything crazy in the mail, then i will share.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav