Framey video, laggs very bad

Reaction score
I am not able to use my video beyond 1080 and it still is framey, if i go to 4k, forget it, it will not play. my pc is got a good upper end processor amd A 8 with radeon HD graphics 1.9 ghz and 6gb of memory. and it is so framey and lags so bad that it just worthless to play videos on. What could it be, junk pc? or some setting i may need to change? Any help sure be appreciated.

I am not able to use my video beyond 1080 and it still is framey, if i go to 4k, forget it, it will not play. my pc is got a good upper end processor amd A 8 with radeon HD graphics 1.9 ghz and 6gb of memory. and it is so framey and lags so bad that it just worthless to play videos on. What could it be, junk pc? or some setting i may need to change? Any help sure be appreciated.
I'm thinking there are a number of issues that could be causing the issue you describe. First sounds like your computer is old and is not able to process the files. Are you putting the videos on your hard disk drive?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mac or Windows based laptop? If Mac, make sure your recording in MOV format. If Windows, you need to use MP4. Record in 4K with these settings and see if it helps, as Windows struggles with MOV formatted video and visa versa.

Have you tried another sd card?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mac or Windows based laptop? If Mac, make sure your recording in MOV format. If Windows, you need to use MP4. Record in 4K with these settings and see if it helps, as Windows struggles with MOV formatted video and visa versa.

It's more of the player than the operating system. If you use VLC player it plays the MOV files pretty easily

I'm thinking there are a number of issues that could be causing the issue you describe. First sounds like your computer is old and is not able to process the files. Are you putting the videos on your hard disk drive?

No, I use a 85 MPs micro SD card and put it into a adapter to view the video from the bird.

I process 4K on my ancient 2009 Mac mini.

At first I thought to forget it because 4K lagged so bad. But when I import the MOV or MP4 (I haven't noticed any difference between them) to Final Cut and let it optimize to ProRes 422 format, then it plays smoothly and can be edited just fine (ProRes files are huge but don't need so much processing power to play as H.264).

I usually export edited footage to HD. I have exported some special clips also to 4K or UHD but IMHO the resolution is only slightly better compared to HD and the playback is stuttery even on modern PCs.

...my son teases me about this because on his MacBook Pro 4K playback is smooth even straight from the SD card, Final Cut needs no optimize step and exporting is a breeze... but I'm such a cheapskate that uses HW to the end...

I process 4K on my ancient 2009 Mac mini.

At first I thought to forget it because 4K lagged so bad. But when I import the MOV or MP4 (I haven't noticed any difference between them) to Final Cut and let it optimize to ProRes 422 format, then it plays smoothly and can be edited just fine (ProRes files are huge but don't need so much processing power to play as H.264).

I usually export edited footage to HD. I have exported some special clips also to 4K or UHD but IMHO the resolution is only slightly better compared to HD and the playback is stuttery even on modern PCs.

...my son teases me about this because on his MacBook Pro 4K playback is smooth even straight from the SD card, Final Cut needs no optimize step and exporting is a breeze... but I'm such a cheapskate that uses HW to the end...
What do I need to convert it to different formats. I just have the windows media player and windows movie maker. but never seen any way to convert them to different formats.

I have a beefy pc that I was having the same issue with. One thing I noticed was that if I right clicked on a video file and viewed thr properties and the the detials tab, it would not show frame sizes for anything in 4k. And, I was using the VLC player on it and still have massive lag and choppy video. weird thing was that if I copied the file to an sd card and put it on my surface pro 3, it ran fine even though the other pc was built for processing videos. It was my windows version. The surface with 10 did everything fine. I was running windows 7 ultimate on the other machine. I upgraded to 10 and now everything works perfectly. It was some issue with ver 7 that made it not know what to do with the file even in VLC.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj