Frame drops on file switch

Reaction score
I can’t find it with search but I swear I saw something about a firmware version upgrade that fixed the P4P dropping frames when switching to the next file after reaching the 4GB limit.

I had downgraded my new P4P down to the 509 version (if memory serves) to fix the video flipping problem and restore the ability to tweak settings such as RTH speed. Then I saw a frame or three drop near the beginning of the second file of a long shoot. I don’t think it was exactly in the beginning. Maybe a second or so in.

It’s not the card. Brand new extreme pro. Rest of video was fine.

Can anyone point me to any discussion on this. Or let me know what version fixed it?

Thx

I wouldn’t assume the extreme pro’s are excellent cards, I have had several either fail completely or provide unsatisfactory performance in phantom AC. I wouldn’t use one if you gave it to me.

I wouldn’t assume the extreme pro’s are excellent cards, I have had several either fail completely or provide unsatisfactory performance in phantom AC. I wouldn’t use one if you gave it to me.
What do you use? I’ve so far had zero issues elsewhere in the video. Only after the file split.

If anyone knows the firmware that fixes it plz lemme know. I’d like to know if it was after the one I’m on.

But plz advise what you recommend. If I start to have more global issues I’ll consider a switch.

Thanks

My last split was fine, on the latest firmware. I use just the 32GB Sandisk Ultra in my P4P with no problems yet. What capacity are you using, I've been sticking with 32gb's as the 64's and 128's have been problematic for me.

My last split was fine, on the latest firmware. I use just the 32GB Sandisk Ultra in my P4P with no problems yet. What capacity are you using, I've been sticking with 32gb's as the 64's and 128's have been problematic for me.
I am using a 64GB extreme pro.

But I have a very specific firmware related question. I am on the “golden 509” version of firmware. I’d like to know if the dropped frame issue on file split was fixed before or after that. If someone can let me know the version I’d appreciate it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4