FPVLR X3 kit 5.8gHz polarization?

Reaction score
Hey Tony,

So I finally broke down and bought one of your X3 kits, and found that I was having some issues with the 5.8 gHz control signal (as in frequent control signal loss). So in trying to diagnose the problem, I noticed that the helical on the X3 seems to be RHCP, is that right? I thought there might be something wrong with my existing 5.8 pinwheel, so I ordered a full bird set (2x2.4 + 2x5.8) from you, which I'll try next, but I'm still curious about the polarization on the X3 control helix? Obviously it wouldn't make sense for you to have RHCP on there unless your pinwheels are also RHCP?

Thanks!

Hi, yes our 5.8ghz side has always been RHCP to differentiate it from the LHCP of the 2.4ghz, so you get best performance.
For control range issue the problem is 99% due to installation problems, when people cut the connector inside the transmitter so they have no ground connection, if you take a picture of your u.fl connector inside the tx you might find your connector has been compromised. In that case people resolve by soldering the outer case of the u.fl connector of the cable to the 2 ground pads on the board left and right of the u.fl connector.
Tony.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I'm sure theres something wrong with the connection, but I don't think its TX side, since swapping out the helical for the stock antenna on the same u.fl works. So either my Phantom side pinwheel is using the wrong polarization, or theres a bad connection inside. Anyway, when I get the new phantom side kit, I'll open her back up and find out for sure.

Thanks again

varmint said:
Ok, thanks for the clarification. I'm sure theres something wrong with the connection, but I don't think its TX side, since swapping out the helical for the stock antenna on the same u.fl works. So either my Phantom side pinwheel is using the wrong polarization, or theres a bad connection inside. Anyway, when I get the new phantom side kit, I'll open her back up and find out for sure.

Thanks again

absolutely there must be a BAD cable or the antenna is not screwed on tightly enough.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl