FPVLR Stage 2 Deluxe Mod What Did I Do Wrong?

Reaction score
So, I've got the FPVLR Sage 2 Deluxe Mode all setup and I've done some test flights. So far the results aren't that great and they are really bad close in unless i'm perfectly aiming at the drone, and I mean perfect. I drop FPV quite a bit, I must have done something wrong. Anyone with this setup have recommendations on things to check?

If you have another ufl to rpsma wire I would try it
Some people have had problems with them

Where can I get these cables? The only ones I have are the ones you sent me

Yep, got 4000 ft. Its closer in that is giving me fits, guess I will be ordering a pinwheel for the phantom. Back in line I go...

FPVLR said:
jdvmi00 said:
Yep, got 4000 ft. Its closer in that is giving me fits, guess I will be ordering a pinwheel for the phantom. Back in line I go...

actually, not on the phantom but on the extender, your receiving "cone" is very narrow with that kit.

That is also why i always recommend the half sphere, which as 76 degrees beamwidth and it's easy to aim, as well as a pinwheel on top of the extender, that setup is much easier to fly.

Your setup should be good for 7000ft in a non wi-fi congested area.

Since I saw you also posted this

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14219&p=129313#p129313

the damage does not seem serious but please do this test, unplug one of the half spheres and fly until you lose fpv,
then unplug that one and plug back in the other one, you should get a similar range on either one of the helix antennas,

If 1 is dramatically lower, then we have to look into it more closely.

TOny

Actually, that damaged connector was on the 5.8 side, not the 2.4. I just did another flight and it seemed to perform quite a bit better. It's still not like the OTB close range, but I guess I can deal with that. I do have both a 1W dual mimo and a 2.5W sunhans on the way, you think these will make my close range better? Dang, my tray is going to be HEAVY :)

Ok my friend I got out today to my low wifi area and had great results
still no record for me but was not your fault
I had 640 15pfs out to 5167 FT with just a half dome and one stock on repeater
was limited to this distance by a lose of control signal (something I did not have on my vision 1 until 1.5miles)
so I think the combination of lower power control and higher power wifi repeater have brought the two closer to in sink
Myself I will stay with what I have as really only fly 2500ft max anyway
Thanks for getting my video feed to match my control :D :D :D :D

Attachments

• rsz_img_0566.jpg
    rsz_img_0566.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 435
Tony, I know you say don't use the 2.5 booster, but would it act just the same if I used the 2.5 booster on just one of the pinwheel antennas and didn't hook up the other. The reason I ask is because I have the 2.5 booster and the 1W mimo won't be here for a while.

Its looking like I will need to put some antennas on the bird. I'm losing 5.8 at about 4000 ft out :(

Booster on the 5.8? I have 2.5 W and a 1 W mimo but they are both 2.4 boosters. I really hate waiting for shipments from China :eek:

Yes, I get the broken connection returning home. Do I need to aim really well with the RC antenna?

So is my next step to improve this to add the RHCP 5.8 GHz Pentalobe V.2 1.9dbi to the bird? I guess I could also boost the 5.8 with the sunhans 1W 5.8 booster, or I could do both ;)

Thanks Tony, I'm going to order the 1W 5.8 booster. One final question... I'm going to run attenuators out of the repeater into the 1W mimo booster, should I do the same coming out of the RC into the 1W 5.8 booster?

Actually, now that I think about it, can't I just adjust the 5.8 output using the pot on the back of the remote?

Tony,
Not sure I'm going to do this but wanted to know if it would cause any issues, I don't think it will, but wanted to double check.
With this kit http://fpvlr.com/shop/index.php?route=p ... duct_id=82
would it hurt anything if I dremel'ed out each antenna, by cutting through the plastic, and made them stand alone? I'm thinking of using the 2.5 W booster on just one helical to bet a better beam width and making my footprint smaller. I may just dremel off one of the helicals so that I have the 5.8 & 2.4 together as one, but not sure. Would this cause any harm? Are they spaced in a certain way that if I separate them there will be issues?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj