FPVLR P3S Antenna Upgrade

Reaction score
Anyone using the FPVLR P3S Antenna Upgrade?

Long Range kit for P3Standard - FPVLR

It looks like an elliptical polarized antenna for the TX/RCV elements from the pictures.

Does anyone know the beam width and actual gain, not the dBi value?

TIA,

Ken

Last edited:
Thanks for the response and I may try the FPVLR antenna. I am still trying to research both items a little more before I decide.

Ken

for what?

I would have removed the 5.8 GHz antenna without cutting the coax.

I would have carefully trimmed, or maybe not, the antenna mount area on the case and would have capped it.

I would have used the Epoxy/RTV sparingly or not at all since it can create thermal issues if not carefully placed.

I would have put the SMA connectors spaced out a little more on the top to reduce tight coax bends.

Last edited:
Reactions: Extreme24
I use both setups .itelite stage 3 on Standard and FPVLR stage 3 on P2V-V3 . Really the same birds as in 2.4 & 5.8
What I have found and do experiment a lot is that the FPVLR's have greater distance but you have to go higher to get it.
I can go farther with the itelite lower and is way easier to deal with the panel than the coils on my TX.
On the Standard I do use FPVLR dipoles as Tony made some to work with the panel and are great 'Have been over 3 miles with that set-up .
Am redoing my P2 now and will have the same set-up as my Standard does . Both are great but do have different cost and really
is just what you want .
I don't use amps and if I did I would most likely need to do the battery mod also .
tx.jpg The FPVLR's I have there are on a panel I made as he didn't have those when I got mine. They are way better now.
This is just from my observations :)

Reactions: kenwhite

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik