FPVLR Antenna Question

Reaction score
I have the FPVLR 5.8Ghz Premium Combo that I am using with my non-Vision Phantom 2. My question is what is the proper installation on the Black Pearl monitor?

The monitor connections are labeled "Ant1" (left side) and "Ant2" (right side), which do I connect the pentalobe to and which do I connect the helical to?

Thanks,

Shane

Reactions: FPVLR
It does not matter where you plug the helix and where you plug the black pinwheel.
Just make sure you have both the ant1 and ant2 set to same fequency and are using the BP in diversity mode. make sure the 4.25 turns helix is pointed forward by bending it, and make sure the pinwheel is pointed up, by bending it a bit upwards. The blue antenna with 5 lobes (pentalobe) should be bent and pointed downward.

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.

Shward1 I'm glad you asked these questions because I was the exact same. Have you tried it again with any success? I also just bought the 2.4 radio control long range kit but I'm lost on how to install it. I've searched every where but all I keep getting is the phantom vision and not the standard P2. Do I need to do anything to the actual phantom? Do I need to buy another antenna that screws into the new wire I put inside the transmitter or is the original white stock one ok to use. I've been searching for days now for a detailed guide on how to install both the fpv & transmitter mod but no luck. ANY HELP WOULD BE REALLY APPRECIATED. Thanks

It does not matter where you plug the helix and where you plug the black pinwheel.
Just make sure you have both the ant1 and ant2 set to same fequency and are using the BP in diversity mode. make sure the 4.25 turns helix is pointed forward by bending it, and make sure the pinwheel is pointed up, by bending it a bit upwards. The blue antenna with 5 lobes (pentalobe) should be bent and pointed downward.

Is it possible to set Ant1/Ant2 to different channels?

I have the blackpearl 7 channel moniter/receiver it automatically picks the best channel whatever side is lit up with the blue light that's the antenna that's receiving the video transmission. Here are some pics of the best angles ive found with FPVLR antennas , also if you can separate the 5.8 GHz FPV antennas from the 2.4 GHz on the remote you will get the best possible range I did this by mounting the moniter on a tripod. Went 3.2 KM today :)
FPV best antenna angles.JPG
FPVLR ant.angle.JPG

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic