FPVLR Antenna Kit??

Reaction score
So I am looking at getting the FPVLR bundle and save kit, just curious if anyone has used it on here and what they thought about it. Just want to make sure im getting my moneys worth for $110

http://fpvlr.com/shop/index.php?route=p ... duct_id=97

Ive been seeing a lot of info about these kits going on the vision but not many on the regular phantom 2...

I'm a huge proponent of those FPVLR antennas I often refer to them as "the ferrari of FPV antennas" and recommend them anytime I'm chatting with folks about FPV and you can fit it into your budget. I do indeed have a set personally, and so far in a low-interference environment I have had my Phantom out to 600m with ONLY the pinwheels and it's been rock solid.
Flying here in NYC which is definitely a high interference area, I get to about 200-250m and the pinwheels started to get iffy so I put on the helix and boom, rock solid signal out to about 300-350m is the farthest I've gone so far.

I think it's just one guy, Tony he's user FPVLR here on this forum and he's very helpful and responsive via the sales@fpvlr email address on the site.

One note: he made an updated SKU / Phantom bundle so you get all the right connectors and such and he paints the transmitter antenna white so it matches the Phantom. same antennas tho
http://fpvlr.com/shop/index.php?route=p ... uct_id=106

QYV said:
I'm a huge proponent of those FPVLR antennas I often refer to them as "the ferrari of FPV antennas" and recommend them anytime I'm chatting with folks about FPV and you can fit it into your budget. I do indeed have a set personally, and so far in a low-interference environment I have had my Phantom out to 600m with ONLY the pinwheels and it's been rock solid.
Flying here in NYC which is definitely a high interference area, I get to about 200-250m and the pinwheels started to get iffy so I put on the helix and boom, rock solid signal out to about 300-350m is the farthest I've gone so far.

I think it's just one guy, Tony he's user FPVLR here on this forum and he's very helpful and responsive via the sales@fpvlr email address on the site.

One note: he made an updated SKU / Phantom bundle so you get all the right connectors and such and he paints the transmitter antenna white so it matches the Phantom. same antennas tho
http://fpvlr.com/shop/index.php?route=p ... uct_id=106

Thanks for that response! Do you have a picture of your set up I can check out? Sounds like this is exactly what im looking for since being in the city (chicago) i was loosing signal extremely fast on the fpv.

I don't have any on me but I'd be happy to snap some and post later this evening. Watch the first 5-6 mins of the below youtube video, he does a great job of explaining some basics and especially why the stock antennas are crap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6LuEhuU-l8

What transmitter are you running? I have a Boscam TS352 but the ImmersionRC 600mW is a popular choice and antennas don't care which transmitter/set of frequencies you're using

QYV said:
I don't have any on me but I'd be happy to snap some and post later this evening. Watch the first 5-6 mins of the below youtube video, he does a great job of explaining some basics and especially why the stock antennas are crap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6LuEhuU-l8

What transmitter are you running? I have a Boscam TS352 but the ImmersionRC 600mW is a popular choice and antennas don't care which transmitter/set of frequencies you're using

Great ill check it out in a bit. I use the Lilliput 329/DW

cventu6 said:

That's a receiver (display). I was just curious what your transmitter is? the bit on the Phantom :) but it shouldn't matter antennas aren't manufacurer-speficic, they're frequency specific so the antennas should work with any 5.8Ghz FPV transmitter.

QYV said:
cventu6 said:

That's a receiver (display). I was just curious what your transmitter is? the bit on the Phantom :) but it shouldn't matter antennas aren't manufacurer-speficic, they're frequency specific so the antennas should work with any 5.8Ghz FPV transmitter.

Ohh :D Its the AVL58 transmitter. I have this kit https://www.area51drones.com/DJI-Video- ... ji-kit.htm

ah okay. That transmitter is alright not the best not the worst. You didn't mount the hub and iOSD mini on the bottom like that picture did you? yuck. internal installation is way more sleek :)

anyway you'll get way better performance from better antennas for sure. something tells me they scrimped on cheap antennas to get that price.

QYV said:
ah okay. That transmitter is alright not the best not the worst. You didn't mount the hub and iOSD mini on the bottom like that picture did you? yuck. internal installation is way more sleek :)

anyway you'll get way better performance from better antennas for sure. something tells me they scrimped on cheap antennas to get that price.

I did :oops: i might actually mount it internally over the winter when it isnt getting as much use and I have more free time on my hands. Whenever you get a chance if you could upload a picture of how they are mounted on the receiver and transmitter i would very much appreciate it :)

ah I forgot to get some pictures last night for another guy too, I'll try to do that. Check out this video - it's my basis for every FPV system I've installed. Sure it's not a 1:1 for your setup, but it's great for the basics of opening the Phantom, how to move the CAN-BUS connector and iOSD mini internal. Then quickly check out this video the guy has his fpv hub mounted quite well imo.

back to the first video, just before the 5 minute mark he mounts the transmitter on the underside of the Phantom with double sided sticky tape... that's basically what I did except instead of pointing straight out the back mine is turned at an angle (the TS352 is too long to mount straight behind the H3-3D) with the antenna pointing away from the compass..

QYV said:
ah I forgot to get some pictures last night for another guy too, I'll try to do that. Check out this video - it's my basis for every FPV system I've installed. Sure it's not a 1:1 for your setup, but it's great for the basics of opening the Phantom, how to move the CAN-BUS connector and iOSD mini internal. Then quickly check out this video the guy has his fpv hub mounted quite well imo.

back to the first video, just before the 5 minute mark he mounts the transmitter on the underside of the Phantom with double sided sticky tape... that's basically what I did except instead of pointing straight out the back mine is turned at an angle (the TS352 is too long to mount straight behind the H3-3D) with the antenna pointing away from the compass..

Awesome! Thank you for all the help!

my pleasure... just do me a favor and don't be one of those idiots making national news doing something stupid with your Phantom ;) hehe

QYV said:
my pleasure... just do me a favor and don't be one of those idiots making national news doing something stupid with your Phantom ;) hehe

Haha trust me I dont plan on it! Only thing im concerned about is a fly away and it taking off into someone or someones property but ive been taking every step possible when getting ready for a flight to try and minimize that. Still always a concern though.

Did manage to get some cool footage from a track day with it a couple weeks ago though ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwV--6Ua-mY

way cool! I want to do some stuff like that too but I don't get many opportunities since my Supra is back in GA and I live in NYC now heh.

It's very cool of you to be respectful of people's property. Most of them don't realize they don't own the airspace above their property and some get testy, we see threads from time to time people describing run-ins with neighbors or random people at the beach or whatever. I guess I'm fortunate most folks I meet are just interested and think it's super cool, but then again I'm flying in parks and public places not over people's suburban houses

QYV said:
way cool! I want to do some stuff like that too but I don't get many opportunities since my Supra is back in GA and I live in NYC now heh.

It's very cool of you to be respectful of people's property. Most of them don't realize they don't own the airspace above their property and some get testy, we see threads from time to time people describing run-ins with neighbors or random people at the beach or whatever. I guess I'm fortunate most folks I meet are just interested and think it's super cool, but then again I'm flying in parks and public places not over people's suburban houses

Yeah havent done many flights near houses, too many telephone wires and planes flying low to worry about (im right by o'hare). I use to live in the actual city so I know what its like leaving the car behind haha

just in case you're still curious, this is my FPV Tx mount. I have a TS353, the larger model with the fan and it's too long to mount comfortably pointing straight back, so I had to kink it to the side a little.

As it happens the TS352 has a separate top metal piece on the side that mounts to the Phantom which can separate from the rest of the body, I guess the wind or something kept making it come loose so I just made a little belt out of zip ties so that's what that is about

notice I have it facing away from the leg with the compass

Attachments

• FPV and RC ant 2.JPG
    FPV and RC ant 2.JPG
    195.4 KB · Views: 330

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member