FPV?

Reaction score
I have a dji Phantom 2 and I'm considering buying a P4. Does the p4 have an hdmi output on the back for FPV goggles? And i see advertised an hdmi output module is available. Is this an optional item that mounts on the back of the transmitter or does the p4 already have this installed? Thank you. :)

The HDMI output module is an additional item you must buy. Here's how it's installed:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: chuckb01
Thanks for the response. I am not real familiar what the out put jacks that are on the back of the p4 transmitter but isn't there a usb port? but no HDMI port? So I need to change the existing module in the back with the hdmi module? The video shows a module for a P3. The same module is used for the P4? Thanks. :) And I like Tom's Tech Time.

Last edited:
I am not real familiar what the out put jacks that are on the back of the p4 transmitter but isn't there a usb port?
Yes -- it's used to connect to remote controller to a mobile device. It cannot be used to output video.

So I need to change the existing module in the back with the hdmi module?
Yes.

The same module is used for the P4?
Yes. The P3 and P4 remote controller are nearly identical.

Thank you much. :)
Any chance you care to recommend all the components for an entire system for a P4? I was considering Fatshark dominator v3 or attitude v3 goggles to start with.

If you want to go with Fat Shark, here's everything you'll need in order to use them with the Phantom 4:
Check out the following video for a detailed look at both of these Fat Shark models:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's great! Thanks. Your fast. Not to sound dumb, but is there a camera that has to be mounted on the drone besides the existing camera?

No. I've listed everything you'll need above.

I have read somewhere that a receiver module may be needed for the goggles? I'm thinking that I wouldn't since it is working through the transmitter hdmi connection?

I have read somewhere that a receiver module may be needed for the goggles?
It's definitely needed for the Fat Shark goggles above.

Even for a dji phantom4? I thought that this is what the hdmi cable was for? . And I don't think you made any mention of a receiver for the goggles you listed above in the list of things that i would need? If I need it, is it included with the dominator V3 goggles? Thanks again for the help and education.

I have read somewhere that a receiver module may be needed for the goggles? I'm thinking that I wouldn't since it is working through the transmitter hdmi connection?

There is an optional receiver module, but you don't need it. The controller plugs directly into the goggles using an HDMI mini cable.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thanks, that's kind of what I thought. This other fellow (messinger)said I definitely need a receiver but I didn't think I did.

It's definitely needed for the Fat Shark goggles above.

That's not my understanding from other sources here. I am told that I can plug in an HDMI into my goggles and to the transmitter and that's it for a dji Phantom4

Even for a dji phantom4?
Yes.

I thought that this is what the hdmi cable was for?
The required HDMI cable comes with the Fat Shark goggles.

I don't think you made any mention of a receiver for the goggles you listed above in the list of things that i would need? If I need it, is it included with the dominator V3 goggles?
I didn't list it since it's not needed. I own Fat Shark goggles and I use them with everything I listed above.

Yes.

I didn't list it since it's not needed. I own Fat Shark goggles and I use them with everything I listed above.

I'm sure you are right and I don't need an additional receiver for this application. I watched a couple vids on youtube and the drone was a phantom3 and the guy used fatshark goggles and they were plugged into the transmitter with an HDMI cable. There was no external camera or transmitter mounted to the drone so I am assuming it was operating through the drones stock camera. I am sure you are right. Thank you.

Ok, to clarify, you DO need an DJI HDMI module for the controller (transceiver), that gets you HDMI output. You do NOT need a receiver module for the goggles, there is already an HDMI input port present.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
I am sure you are correct and I understand what you are telling me. The other guy that says i need a receiver module for the goggles is not correct. Thanks much.

Yes.

Yes.

All I need is the hdmi cable and a hdmi module for the controller. I do not need an additional receiver for the goggles for this application since the video will be taken from the stock phantom camera. And I know the cable comes with the goggles. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers