FPV

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 2 with a new FPV monitor that is the LCD 5082. It works fine but the displays are in metric as far as the altitude and didtance go. Is the in my firmware and is it changeable to standard measurements? Lots to think about already let alone haveing to pull out my conversion chart!! Thanks. Kenny. :)

you're just going to have to learn metric like the rest of the world ;)

no, you can't change the measurements to US.

protip: 121 meters is 400 feet which is the height limit of a legal flight in the US (400' AGL), so keep an eye on that

I made a small chart for both feet/metric for Go Home Alt, Alt and Radius and taped it to my RC.

The failsafe height of 20m is not safe as mature forest growth is much higher than that. Unless of course your in a field mile square with no trees.

jason said:
The failsafe height of 20m is not safe

absolutely true... but remember the 20m thing only happens if the Phantom is BELOW 20m from takeoff altitude when GoHome is triggered. If the Phantom was already at, say 50 or 100m when GoHome was triggered, it will stay at that height until it reaches home point and then descend.
If you are BELOW 20m when GoHome is triggered, it will indeed ascend to 20m then go home, then descend.

This is also why now they have dynamic home point changes so you can climb to whatever height you want, re-set the home point, and now THAT height is where the 20m over/under happens. So if you re-defined your home point at 80m agl, if you weren't above 100 and triggered GoHome, it would ascend to 100m agl then go home.

QYV said:
jason said:
The failsafe height of 20m is not safe

absolutely true... but remember the 20m thing only happens if the Phantom is BELOW 20m from takeoff altitude when GoHome is triggered. If the Phantom was already at, say 50 or 100m when GoHome was triggered, it will stay at that height until it reaches home point and then descend.
If you are BELOW 20m when GoHome is triggered, it will indeed ascend to 20m then go home, then descend.

This is also why now they have dynamic home point changes so you can climb to whatever height you want, re-set the home point, and now THAT height is where the 20m over/under happens. So if you re-defined your home point at 80m agl, if you weren't above 100 and triggered GoHome, it would ascend to 100m agl then go home.

I understand that. But how many newbies do?

jason said:
I understand that. But how many newbies do?

only the ones that RTFM, which means very few :) that's why I always go ahead and explain it. I know you know your **** Jason :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20