FPV - worth the leap ?

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 2, version 2.0 with H3-3D and GoPro, and it is fun for doing circuits in LOS at 50 or 100 feet. It is also great for pushing the camera very high up above the pilot to take some breathtaking scenic footage. But this is not the same as piloting an aircraft as a sit in pilot.

I am looking to upgrade to a Black Pearl/ImmersionRC TX/mini IOSD FPV set, and wondered if anyone had done the same, rather than just by buying an FPV RTF. If you did such an upgrade what were your experiences, was it worth it, and how did it change your flying style.

Thanks.

thats the set-up i've got, go for it you won't be disappointed. Its so much better being able to see what your filming & being able to line up shots perfectly, even if you can't see where your Phantom is

Hughie said:
I have a Phantom 2, version 2.0 with H3-3D and GoPro, and it is fun for doing circuits in LOS at 50 or 100 feet. It is also great for pushing the camera very high up above the pilot to take some breathtaking scenic footage. But this is not the same as piloting an aircraft as a sit in pilot.

I am looking to upgrade to a Black Pearl/ImmersionRC TX/mini IOSD FPV set, and wondered if anyone had done the same, rather than just by buying an FPV RTF. If you did such an upgrade what were your experiences, was it worth it, and how did it change your flying style.

Thanks.
I have same setup but I also ordered this cable to go with my Immersion Tx600 and Black Pearl. I also upgraded my antennas which comes highly recommended as a FPV must do.
http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/Video-Ca...SD-Mini-and-Zenmuse-ImmersionRC-FatShark.html

My first Multirotor was a P2 with a 2D gimbal. I used AVL58 and a Boscam 5802? Diversity Monitor. Was in love with it being able to frame shots and fly FPV with the mini iOSD info... few long distance with it.

since then I have scratch built all different size and types of multirotors until i built a mini tricopter and went full FPV with Fatshark Dominator Version 1 Goggles. What a rush!!!! Since then I have purchased a set of Dominator Version 2... the best purchase I could make as it has it's own DVR.

That being said. I use the goggles exclusively. I had the same setup with the immersion vTx and a matching 7 channel black pearl diversity receiver which i sold.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31