Fpv with PV2 Vision Problem

Reaction score
I'm flying a stock PV2 with an iPad mini and DJI app. All software and hardware is up to date.

I noticed when flying my fpv video will freeze and I lose connection. Normally at a close range. This last time I had a black screen view but the on screen controls for photo, video and camera control worked. Tried using an iPhone 4 and also an iPod touch with worse results.

Anyone know what's going on and how I can correct this? I was doing aerial panorama shots at 225 ft. Altitude and had to rely on line of sight to guess the picture direction.

FourWheelers said:
I'm flying a stock PV2 with an iPad mini and DJI app. All software and hardware is up to date.

I noticed when flying my fpv video will freeze and I lose connection. Normally at a close range. This last time I had a black screen view but the on screen controls for photo, video and camera control worked. Tried using an iPhone 4 and also an iPod touch with worse results.

Anyone know what's going on and how I can correct this? I was doing aerial panorama shots at 225 ft. Altitude and had to rely on line of sight to guess the picture direction.

Yes try using a lower resolution preview. Some have downgraded their firmware and vision app with good results apparently.

Yes try using a lower resolution preview. Some have downgraded their firmware and vision app with good results apparently.[/quote]

Thanks for the information. I currently had a preview rate of 640x480 @ 30fps. I'm switching to 320x240 @ 30fps. I'll be out tomorrow so I will report back how it went.

As for downgrading the firmware and vision app, I hate to step backwards but might give it a try if switching the rate fails.

Any ideas if a better antenna for the transmitter or an additional one for the repeater would help?

I know there are a lot of posts on antennas but as I read through them it gets off the original topic. Just want to know if I change the antenna on the transmitter the problem with losing video on first person view will be corrected.

FourWheelers said:
Yes try using a lower resolution preview. Some have downgraded their firmware and vision app with good results apparently.

Thanks for the information. I currently had a preview rate of 640x480 @ 30fps. I'm switching to 320x240 @ 30fps. I'll be out tomorrow so I will report back how it went.

As for downgrading the firmware and vision app, I hate to step backwards but might give it a try if switching the rate fails.[/quote]
-----------------------
I have also seen the freezing screen on my Android app, (v1.0.39). I also see other folks have said, "Going to install older version". The last version didn't seem to freeze like the new one. Where does one find the "Last Version"??

JoHarley said:
FourWheelers said:

As for downgrading the firmware and vision app, I hate to step backwards but might give it a try if switching the rate fails.
-----------------------
I have also seen the freezing screen on my Android app, (v1.0.39). I also see other folks have said, "Going to install older version". The last version didn't seem to freeze like the new one. Where does one find the "Last Version"??[/quote]

I see the lastest software is no 3.0. I'm currently running 2.0.
Anyone know if the new version corrects this issue or if reverting back to older software ( version 1 ) might correct this?

I see the lastest software is no 3.0. I'm currently running 2.0.
Anyone know if the new version corrects this issue or if reverting back to older software ( version 1 ) might correct this?

Went out yesterday and switched the preview rate to 320x240 @ 30 fps with no difference in distance view for FPV. I can't seem to find any version one of the software. Next option is to upgrade to version 3.0 and see if this helps.

Anyone know of one good antenna for either the transmitter or wifi repeater that would help this?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20