Fpv video problems

Reaction score
Got a Phantom2 with H3-3d gimbal and a gopro 3 black. Using a immersion 600 transmitter 5.8ghz with a fatshark 5.8 omnidirectional antenna with a dual video receiver 7 channel . Have one standard 5.8ghz antenna on the left side and a fatshark 5.8 omnidirectional on the right side. Get great distance but on my video I get great clear reception until after takeoff and then it goes bad like I'm watching a snowy old TV . Comes and goes. Weird thing is I can touch the antenna on my remote and the video will clear up on my screen. What am I doing wrong or is there something I can do to fix my live feed quality? Wondering what is interfering with my video. The radio is on 2.4ghz. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Got a Phantom2 with H3-3d gimbal and a gopro 3 black. Using a immersion 600 transmitter 5.8ghz with a fatshark 5.8 omnidirectional antenna with a dual video receiver 7 channel . Have one standard 5.8ghz antenna on the left side and a fatshark 5.8 omnidirectional on the right side. Get great distance but on my video I get great clear reception until after takeoff and then it goes bad like I'm watching a snowy old TV . Comes and goes. Weird thing is I can touch the antenna on my remote and the video will clear up on my screen. What am I doing wrong or is there something I can do to fix my live feed quality? Wondering what is interfering with my video. The radio is on 2.4ghz. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Take it off the RCu unit and mount on tripod and if the signal clears up I would think the monitor is defective and not filtering out the 2,4 frequency of the RC unit. Is this a new monitor and you return it?? Are you using the correct SMA antenna connector on the antennas?? Some those diversity monitor male connectors while others use female for the antenna terminals.

The connections are correct and the monitor is now about a year old. Don't know if I still have a warranty on it? But next free day I will try putting it on a tripod to see if that works and clears up my picture quality. The antennas came with the monitor. Thanks for the advice.

This sounds like a loose connection on the remote antenna which is being shaken when the bird is in flight. Can you get another antenna and try it?

Antennas are good on the drone. It's something with the videos reception or a interference from the remote control. Going to try some things out tomorrow when I go out flying. Will update and give some feedback if I have any questions. Thanks for the help

Antennas are good on the drone. It's something with the videos reception or a interference from the remote control. Going to try some things out tomorrow when I go out flying. Will update and give some feedback if I have any questions. Thanks for the help

What was the results? Did you mount the monitor on tripod and did that clear up the reception?

Went flying today and checked all connections to all antennas. They were all good. Made a temporary tripod for my dual antenna video receiver. Took off the drone and got excellent reception no static on screen and perfect picture. Just for testing purposes only I changed my settings on the phantom2 for distance. Flew up 1000ft and also went out a maximum of 8000ft before losing radio signal and the drone went into return home mode. Changed everything back to max 400 ft height, but left distance at 8000ft. So thanks Jason for the advice. Going to just buy a nice tripod for my monitor and fly away. Thanks again

Sweet 8,000 feet and that's with the stock remote antenna ? that's 1.51 miles or 2.4 KM

Yeah just stock. Have a upgrade antenna, but haven't had any time to install yet. But did have a problem with my other phantom2 vision + . Updated the software and have a upgraded WiFi antenna that usually gives me about a 1mile range. Took it up and was having video problems with the dji vision app and started saying battery errors. All of a sudden at about 400 feet up the motors just quit and I'm watching it come tumbling down. All of a sudden it started back up and recovered about 150 feet off of the ground and hovered. I instantly brought it in and landed it. Tryed the same battery in my other phantom2 with the gopro and flew fine. Any ideas of what could be happening. Also I can't get the camera to stay level. Have taken it apart and fixed the horizon control and leveled it. But still goes crooked. About ready to take the camera off and put another gopro camera on my vision +

I've never owned a vision but have heard they can be a bit glitchy , at least you saved it .

Yeah just stock. Have a upgrade antenna, but haven't had any time to install yet. But did have a problem with my other phantom2 vision + . Updated the software and have a upgraded WiFi antenna that usually gives me about a 1mile range. Took it up and was having video problems with the dji vision app and started saying battery errors. All of a sudden at about 400 feet up the motors just quit and I'm watching it come tumbling down. All of a sudden it started back up and recovered about 150 feet off of the ground and hovered. I instantly brought it in and landed it. Tryed the same battery in my other phantom2 with the gopro and flew fine. Any ideas of what could be happening. Also I can't get the camera to stay level. Have taken it apart and fixed the horizon control and leveled it. But still goes crooked. About ready to take the camera off and put another gopro camera on my vision +

You can take the camera and gimbal off and replace it with H3-3D/H4-3D and GoPro. Converting it with a GP and zenmuse gimbal will allow you to turn the camera on/off using wifi. But first you should find out why it shutdown. Check those battery terminals inside the shell and clean them also the power leads on the main board that they are not cold solder connections. Next would be the GPS connector if that comes loose or intermittent it will cause lose of power..

Thanks for the input will check out all of what you said. Hopefully I'll find out more when I do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic