FPV video feed glitches

Reaction score
Hey there.

Has anyone else had any experience having trouble with the FPV feed?

The live feed glitches periodically but the saved video is perfect.

I attached the video from my phone

I'm using the OnePlus 3 with the DJI Go app, but litchi gives the same glitch.

You should use the video saved on SD card.

Yeah, I know that, I'm just wondering if people have had issues with the feed like I am...

Is it all the time, or only when your near that crane?
Could be magnetic interference, I had that before

A couple of things may be contributing to your image problems.
Your device is not capable of processing the footage, particularly in 4K, although your saved footage on the microSD card will be fine.
Try manually selecting an inteference free channel in your image transmission settings.
Try lowering the transmission rate to something like 4mbps.
Try lowering your video settings from 4K to 2.7k or lower.

This happens to me also at various times.. I noticed after I take a HDR photo the screen freezes while the photo is processing...But it also happens occasionally at other times...Most likely outside interference I am guessing.

I too have been having issues with video feeds...green bar, freezing, etc. haven't tried to trouble shoot yet. Will trouble shoot this Thursday.

Reactions: jakobe75
I also have the green bar of static ....however I have found that it depends on if I have "hardware decoding" enabled or not and on which device and which app I am using GO4 or Litchi.....I have seen varying opinions on this issue.

Mine is worse! It seems fine while the p4 is suspended in flight but when I start to go somewhere the video feed freezes for approx 1-2 seconds every second so the live feed is pretty much useless. I've tried everything except for downgrading because dji assistant does not show any previous versions of the firmware to downgrade to.

You mean that that is not the expected behavior? I have never flown once for three years without at least one or two interruptions in the video feed on all of my flights from any of my birds (P3 and P4) and all my RC units (iPad Air 2, iPad 2017, iPhone 6 Plus). Glitches, green bars or freezes. I always took for granted that it is perfectly normal and is caused by temporary interference.

I also have the green bar of static ....however I have found that it depends on if I have "hardware decoding" enabled or not and on which device and which app I am using GO4 or Litchi.....I have seen varying opinions on this issue.
I used to have this with 3 different android devices and with gritted teeth I have to say I bit the Bulley and purchased a ipad 4 mini and never looked back. I was disappointed that many of my problems were android related.
By the way I hate Apple products and only use this because I have to.
Just my opinion.

I used to have this with 3 different android devices and with gritted teeth I have to say I bit the Bulley and purchased a ipad 4 mini and never looked back. I was disappointed that many of my problems were android related.
By the way I hate Apple products and only use this because I have to.
Just my opinion.

I have only been using Apple stuff since day one... iPhone 6 plus, iPad Air2 and now iPad 2017. But still with frequent interruptions. I would suggest lowering the transmission rate to 4 mbps, for me it made things much better. In the past I couldn't fly farther then 1 mile without losing video, now I am able to go 2 miles (remember this is Europe).

Last edited:
You mean that that is not the expected behavior? I have never flown once for three years without at least one or two interruptions in the video feed on all of my flights from any of my birds (P3 and P4) and all my RC units (iPad Air 2, iPad 2017, iPhone 6 Plus). Glitches, green bars or freezes. I always took for granted that it is perfectly normal and is caused by temporary interference.
Temporary interference is expected I suppose, but this was every single time and consistent throughout, very annoying indeed,
but as I said, problem solved here

I use the Shield and it gets glitchy constantly. Its only during fpv and not on the final sd card video. I have tried different channels, lowering the data rate. Turning hardware decoding on/off. Turning off wifi and bt. Nothing improves it. Sometimes so bad it becomes unusable and I just come home and give up and go fly my hubsan.

I have no apps running either. Over 1gb ram free before dji apps starts.

I seriously belive this is an android tablet problem. Going to get an ipad next.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues