FPV via GPro

Reaction score
I'm a newbie. I have a DJI Quadcopter and a GoPro Hero 3+. Are there any goggles that will allow me to have FPV utilizing the GpoPro 3's WiFi function? This is all really confusing and the information on how the goggles function is pretty obscure. I can use my smartphone and a GoPro app to access what the camera sees in real time, but in normal daylight it's not bright enough to see what I'm photographing. The goggles I've looked at appear to solve the ambient light problem, but I'm not sure if they can access the GoPro. Thanks in advance for any information. I'm in a very rural area and information is hard to come by.

GoPro WiFi shouldnt be used with any 2.4g radio as this will cause interference between the 2, GoPro WiFi link is also too short and has lots of lag so not even worth bothering whilst also risking complete loss of control by having both video and control in the same frequency band. Every FPV setup can use your gopro as the video feed but you use video out from the gopro and then this gets transmitted at another frequency most common is 5.8ghz but there are plenty of options. These will give virtually lag free live video over much greater range and can easily outdo the range of the stock radio even with a good 5.8g setup. I have gone to 2.5km using the DJI 5.8 fpv setup and Futaba 8FGS radio but gopro wifi even the plus has pretty bad lag and range of about 20-50m max.

ke7ohe said:
Do you need to mount the xmtr on the Phantom someplace?

Yes, and externally is usually best, since they rely on adequate airflow for cooling. The antenna on it needs to maintain line-of-sight for the most part with the goggles for optimal reception, so somewhere on the bottom/back of he airframe is preferred.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic