FPV - Transmission Issues

Reaction score
Hello fellow pilots!

I'm having trouble getting a clean signal to my Black Pearl monitor from my dji Phantom 2. I've attached a picture for reference and I will do my best to explain my configuration.

PHANTOM SETUP
+The Zenmuse H3-3D is rigged out with my Hero 3. I am running the HUB-ZEN cable from the Gimbal to the top 8 Pin HUB input.

The 8 Pin HUB input running under, is connected to the 8 pin wire coming from the chasis of the Phantom.

The iOSD MINI input on the HUB is connected via mini cable to my iOSD Mini and the iOSD's cable connect's to the Phantom's iOSD cable input.

The VTX HUB input is connected to the AVL58 Transmitter which has the TX antenna. Once powered up, the AVL58 Transmitter blinks a single YELLOW and GREEN, which I believe marks "Channel 1".

All my connections are secure and I was extremely careful with set up, yet I am not getting a clean signal.

BLACK PEARL SETUP

My AVL58 Receiver has an RX antenna and has a 1/8inch to RCA going in to a YELLOW RCA cable, which is connected to the AV IN on my Black Pearl. Once powered up the Receiver blinks a single YELLOW and GREEN.

The Receiver is powered directly by DC power from the Black Pearl.

Everything is set to F Frequency.

I hope this has been descriptive enough! So again, what's happening is a very distorted signal is all that I see on my Monitor. I am looking for any help or tips on how to trouble shoot this problem. Thank you so much for your help fellow Phantom pilots!

-Brendan

Attachments

• Diptic.jpg
    Diptic.jpg
    636.1 KB · Views: 385
Ooof...Thank you so much for pointing out the most obvious thing ever. My Black Pearl was indeed set to PAL! Haha! Thanks again OI Photography

Always glad when I can provide the needed solution! Don't feel bad, all of us have missed one (or more) simple things like that when first getting set up ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers