FPV Static

Reaction score
Hello Everyone. I'm new to the forum and recently got blue beam antennas for my black pearl receiver due to static that I thought was from the stock antennas. I don't think it made a difference. I tried a couple channels and it didn't make a different. https://vimeo.com/111465529

any ideas. thanks.

patmanang said:
Hello Everyone. I'm new to the forum and recently got blue beam antennas for my black pearl receiver due to static that I thought was from the stock antennas. I don't think it made a difference. I tried a couple channels and it didn't make a different. https://vimeo.com/111465529

any ideas. thanks.
Let's see the antennas installed and ready for flight.

yeah the antennas are installed already. the video posted shows what my screen looks like. similar to the stock antennas.

patmanang said:
yeah the antennas are installed already. the video posted shows what my screen looks like. similar to the stock antennas.

I don't care what the screen looks like, I want to see the installation and configurations of the antennas.

Attachments

• IMG_8119.jpg
    IMG_8119.jpg
    613 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_8120.jpg
    IMG_8120.jpg
    736 KB · Views: 516
Definitely get that antenna on the Phantom pointing down. That's a must.

tgreenstone said:
Definitely get that antenna on the Phantom pointing down. That's a must.
And the blue beam on the monitor pointing up when controller is held in its normal orientation. Then toss the stock antenna into the garbage can and buy a helical that is the same "turn" as the blue beams.

Also establishing space between your rc tx and the monitor helps.

Like tgreenstone said. kick the transmitter antenna as straight down as possible--with this antenna the transmitted signal comes off the antenna in the shape of a giant bagel parallel to the earth with the antenna in the bagel center. The way it appears in the photo the signal would mainly go vertical, more or less 90 degrees to earth = static and short range.

Has anyone tried a patch antenna? Do they work? I am having the same static problems with my black pearl and fatshark spirant antennas and its extremely frustrating.

nitro thrasher said:
Has anyone tried a patch antenna? Do they work? I am having the same static problems with my black pearl and fatshark spirant antennas and its extremely frustrating.
I tried a cheaper Chinese made patch, it helped. But then switched to helical which was the huge difference game changer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20