Fpv setup option?

Reaction score
I'm new to this fpv, did a few flight with the phantom. As I'm not situated in a place that easily can get phantom accessories easily I'm down to 2 options.

Option A: black pearl monitor with in build batt, avl58 Rex and xt with clover leaf and fpv cable and hub
Option B: black pearl with in build batt, vtx 400mw 32 channel

Which option is a better choice in terms of not losing video on long distance, which give a longer distance range, more stable in video in the air and future upgrade?

From what I understand is that option A is soldering free but everything are mounted under the belly, anyway to hide some cables inside the phantom itself?

Please advise thank you

If you want a hassle free installation then Option A is the best. You can sitaute some of the wiring inside the P2, you'll see there is enough room in there when you open it up to fit the hub.

For video range and stability you'll need to think more about the antennae you are using. A good quality spironet on the transmitter and think about a Patch Antenna or Helical (or both!) on the receiver.

Thanks pal. Have decided to go with option A with iosd mini. Could u point me where to get the spironet. Thank you

Strictmuffin said:
Thanks pal. Have decided to go with option A with iosd mini. Could u point me where to get the spironet. Thank you

I went with the same set up as you, although I haven't flown it yet. I would assume if you bought the DJI AVL58 it should have come with 2 cloverleaf antennas. They should give you about the same range as spironets

A stupid question but im unsure. Blackpearl came with 2 black antennas do I remove them and use alv58 cloverleaf antenna only on the control side? Or just leave it. Will it interference?

The antennae on the BP are 'Rubber Duckie' types if I remember. You should replace them with something else. You can choose from a host of different types however stick a couple of Spironets on there or even better make one of them a Patch / Helical for even better results.

Just a word to the wise.... some spironets are designated for Tx / Rx. Make sure you put the right one on the Transmitter and Receiver.

Strictmuffin said:
A stupid question but im unsure. Blackpearl came with 2 black antennas do I remove them and use alv58 cloverleaf antenna only on the control side? Or just leave it. Will it interference?

Your avl58 should have come with one RX cloverleaf and one TX cloverleaf. So take one of the rubber duckies off the black pearl and put the RX on. Then put the TX Antenna on the transmitter which is on the Phantom.

I was just saying there's no reason to get a SpiroNET when you already have cloverleaf. Leave the second rubber Ducky on the black pearl, it's made to have two antennas.

Griggs said:
Strictmuffin said:

Your avl58 should have come with one RX cloverleaf and one TX cloverleaf. So take one of the rubber duckies off the black pearl and put the RX on. Then put the TX Antenna on the transmitter which is on the Phantom.

I was just saying there's no reason to get a SpiroNET when you already have cloverleaf. Leave the second rubber Ducky on the black pearl, it's made to have two antennas.

Thank you

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj