FPV screen does not show the Gopro Image

Reaction score
Re: Help Forum loss of vision

Postby Dorsetman » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:47 pm
:?
I have a phantom 2 with gopro Hero + 3 Black edition, Flysight FPV
I was seeing everything through the screen but am now not.
I have charged and checked screen, gopro and remote although that does not matter to check signal
I switch on Phantom, gimble works, camera moves.
I switch on FPV screen
I switch on Phantom
I see flight information - altimeter, and horizon line etc but no transmitted image. I mover the copter and the horizon line moves and I have filmed successfully flying by sight but still no camera image on screen.
I have checked through the channels - no change. I have left the transmitter channel at 8 where it was before and as far as I can tell, all the connections are correct.
That's it.
What am I missing? Very grateful for someone to point out the obvious...:)

just because you didn't specifically mention it, sometimes I forget to turn the gopro on :)

if the gopro is indeed on then it has to be a cabling issue somewhere... you have an iOSD mini so I assume you spliced together your own cable?

Thank you for the reply. I have resolved the issue but I am surprised at the weakness of the cable from the Go Pro to the gimble as that was what was wrong. I evidently had been a bit to harsh on the poor thing. I did find the ribbon very difficult to replace though and was lucky not to do more damage. I have now ordered some spares.
Thank you again

Dorsetman said:
Thank you for the reply. I have resolved the issue but I am surprised at the weakness of the cable from the Go Pro to the gimble as that was what was wrong. I evidently had been a bit to harsh on the poor thing. I did find the ribbon very difficult to replace though and was lucky not to do more damage. I have now ordered some spares.
Thank you again

no prob happy to help. you're right that cable is SUPER sensitive. Having some spares is of course a good idea... or if you happen to be like me and enjoy tinkering and modifying, are comfortable with soldering and such we're discussing in another thread how to integrate the rear-port connector onto a H3-3D. it'll definitely involve soldering and probably not being able to POWER the gopro from the Phantom (leaving it on battery only) but if that's something you're interested in I can link you or you can find the thread it's near the top since it's fairly active

Thats thoughtful of you. I will certainly have a look although will that not mean that the gimble would be affected? Not sure so lets have a look... Thanks

the gimbal itself wouldn't be affected... but instead of the GIMBAL providing video signal to the Phantom main board and then you tapping into that cable for video, you'd go straight from the gopro to the video input that goes into your iOSD. from there nothing would change.

also of note, the POWER cable coming off the Phantom main board that powers your video Tx wouldn't be affected at all
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=22798

I have the issue where my FPV just stopping working properly. I have replaced the USB ribbon once, my Black pearl shows a jumbled up image and flickering horizontal and vertical hold images, can't read the stats or really see the image well. There was no crash that prompted the failure. DJI recommended loading the 3.06 software but when I tried to install my P2 failed to install the driver when plugged in. Now it won't recognize the P2 or the controller. Any advice

I had a similar problem in that I lost the gopro vision. I spoke with the technician at Buzzflyer and he asked about the ribbon and when I looked, it came off in my fingers. He thought that the ribbon had broken inside the connector where I couldnt see, or partially broke which caused the partial flicker. I replaced the ribbon but got it wrong a few times. There is good advice on YouTube for doing this.
I was also told that the software update has problems but I have no experience of this.The best solution seems to be the advice above.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers