FPV range less than 100 ft (P2V)

Reaction score
I can fly my P2V to the limits of my visual range. The telemetry functions correctly. But the FPV stops updating somewhere between 50 and 100 feet. Can some one explain what is happening. Will a repeater mod or a different repeater fix this?
TIA

(I'm Harry. This is my first post. I Fly a couple of times a month since Jan '14.)

Should get 3,000 feet plus in good conditions. Need to go back and slowly go through the wifi extender instructions and be sure you've done everything right.

The telemetry is OK on the screen and updating while the fpv is is frozen. Do you make anything of that?

HML48 said:
The telemetry is OK on the screen and updating while the fpv is is frozen. Do you make anything of that?

Are you pointing the receiver at the phantom? If you have the non plus it should easily get to 600ft if its the plus it will go much more. I suspect you have the preview quality set too high and its struggling to send all the video data over the wifi connection so it gives up as it gets further away, try it on the lowest preview setting and see if that improves it. ;)

In addition to setting my control transmitter to FCC mode, is there anything I need do to the aircraft to set its transmitters to that mode?

Hi

Well start by giving us a bit of a rundown on what equipment u are using ? Fat Shark ? Immersion ? 200mW 500mw ??
I have a Phantom 2 with a Fat Shark 250 mW downlink. An I get almost 700m on a bad day... Thats just over 2000ft
However when I fly near Big metal towers it gets a bit murky and breaks up.

What conditions are you flying in.... Clear line of sight ? Because even the entry level Fat Shark at 250mW should give you
up to 2400ft with the basic antenna. You add a spironet to that its about 20 - 30% more.

I had something like that happen to me with my P2V+ No video, but data and camera tilt would work.

I use my tablet as a monitor, but I also had my iphone on me. Every time the iphone would connect to the phantom my video on the tablet would freeze or die. Now I turn off the Wifi on the iPhone when I fly.

Crazykaktus said:
Hi

Well start by giving us a bit of a rundown on what equipment u are using ? ...

What conditions are you flying in...

Hi Crazykaktus,

I have a stock Phantom 2 Vision. I fly in line of sight using FCC mode. (I am surrounded by hills so multipath might be an issue.) I will update my drivers, controller, camera, (if necessary) to the latest versions. If that doesn't fix things, I'll try an antenna mod on the repeater.

Thanks to all who responded.

Harry. (HML48)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj