fpv on p2

I wouldn't. You can do much better than that transmitter/receiver bundle especially for a 200mW transmitter, and you shouldn't need a separate receiver if the LCD screen you're getting has a receiver built in, which it looks like it does.
You shouldn't need any additional batteries at all, adding batteries adds weight that will significantly reduce your flight time. It's better to tap into the Phantom's internal power. There's equipment and ways to do this manually where you have to solder, and there's equipment you can buy that makes it all plug-and-play for example with the ImmersionRC 600mW transmitter there's a cable you can buy from firstpersonview.co.uk. that is, if you're also putting in an iOSD Mini.

Take a look at the other threads in this forum there are tons of guys posting parts lists and such getting their fpv kits under $300

What is your end goal with this bird? Photography? Strictly FPV? Mounted cam? Gopro?
They don't charge by the word... details man, details! :)

I have a go pro 3 on without gimbal. My goal is hobby flying, fly around make some movie and take pic's. It's great to have screen so I see what I am taking pic of when the p2 is a little bit away.

stravn said:
Okay I see but what are you thinking about this screen?
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 28&alt=web
and I need a transmitter, what can I use with this screen! I think I am getting power from the p2 to the recivier not using battery

That display does indeed have a receiver built in, so that's better. Do you understand frequencies and channels? That's kind of important... you have to make sure your receiver and transmitter are compatible, and also when you're installing the transmitter you need to verify what channel you're on, so you know what channel to tune the receiver to.
So looking at that auction it says it supports the following 8 channels:
CH1 5705 CH2 5685 CH3 5665 CH4 5645 CH5 5885 CH6 5905 CH7 5925 CH8 5945

So now you need to find a transmitter that is compatible... You were looking at a Boscam TS351 (200mW power) before and that would work. I see them on Ebay for $24

or if you want a little more power, you can get a TS352 (500mW) you can get TS352 from Banggood for $50 or there's one on Ebay for $59

If you look at the supported frequencies/channels for the TS351 or TS352 you'll notice they are compatible with the receiver you linked in your post, so you're good to go with either one.

You will definitely want to get some better antennas than the ones that come with both the receiver or the transmitter. look around other threads in the FPV forum here or search on "cloverleaf antennas" there are lots of different kinds and discussions about them.

are you comfortable with soldering wires? in order to tap into the Phantom's power you'll have to solder at least 2 wires (power & ground) from Phantom internal cable to the power cable that goes to your transmitter

this whole time I've been assuming you have a Zenmuse H3-2D or H3-3D gimbal... do you? Those are the equipment I know well, and if you have one of those you can use the multicolor, 2 pair ribbon cable that was probably taped to the bottom of your phantom originally. it's 2 pair: a power/ground and video/ground. you'll need to patch these cables into the power and video cables that come with the transmitter.
Watch this video from about 1:15 to 1:45 you'll see what I'm talking about. He describes the cable thus: "the yellow and brown cable is your video out and ground... and red/brown is your live/negative that goes to power your transmitter" I've also included below a picture which should help.

so if you're NOT installing an iOSD mini, you can just patch directly to the inputs on your TS351 as thus:
Phantom ribbon cable yellow/brown pair: yellow will go to the Video In (yellow), and brown to the cam GND (black)
phantom ribbon cable red/brown pair: red goes to power in (red) and brown goes to power in (black).
So that's actually 4 solders :)
You can cut off the white and green "audio in" cables as you'll never need them, same for the VCC+ red cable

517-boscam-ts-351-5.8ghz-200mw-wireless-av-transmitter.jpg

now if you do NOT have a Zenmuse gimbal, you'll still tap into power as I described above the only difference is you'll need a GoPro live video cable like this one, and you'll patch the yellow / black of the cable directly to the yellow / black of the TS351 cable.

Hello.
I have no gimbal om my p2. It looks great when I use the orginal multicolor wire!☺ i am not going to have the iOSD right now. So I have to order some parts today!:)

My own thoughts are that a Phantom 2 for fpv is a very expensive way to go. By the time you have the bits and bobs all together i reckon your looking at the best part of £1000, that would be here in rip off Britain anyway.( Go Pro,Gimbal, P2). If that goes south or disappears into the wild blue yonder it`s a considerable loss. I think a "foamy" airplane maybe the way to go economically and although you`ve still the gopro invested your not losing that big investment in the quadcopter. Obviously the plane would be a lot tougher to fly but thats the trade off.

ATB,
Embittered but patient owner of crashed P2. ;)

you don't need the cable, I made the same mistake. The transmitter is fine... you'll have to solder some wires.
Do you have a Zenmuse gimbal? Are you putting in an iOSD mini or no?

Thanks for replay.
No i dont have that gimbal and i dont putting the iosd on the p2 right now.

Deadmeat said:
My own thoughts are that a Phantom 2 for fpv is a very expensive way to go. By the time you have the bits and bobs all together i reckon your looking at the best part of £1000, that would be here in rip off Britain anyway.( Go Pro,Gimbal, P2). If that goes south or disappears into the wild blue yonder it`s a considerable loss. I think a "foamy" airplane maybe the way to go economically and although you`ve still the gopro invested your not losing that big investment in the quadcopter. Obviously the plane would be a lot tougher to fly but thats the trade off.

ATB,
Embittered but patient owner of crashed P2. ;)

For me the FPV was logical next step after getting my P2. Took about few days of flying to understand that to get the best pictures/vids. non vision line has better reliability (gathered by reading this forum) and all the features it has make it the best beginner toy to play with (that means the drone operator has passed the n00b level with learning to fly on syma x1, hubsam x4 etc).

Return to home, course lock, home lock are pretty useful choices when doing fpv + the superior flight time.

I do the maintenance I am able (prop/motor check, once in a while open the hood and peak under) and hope I don't have a MC issue @ 100m above ground. And it's scary how much my drone has spent time above water lately.

Price wise... yes expensive but **** worth it if you into this kind of stuff.

stravn said:

Cable from GoPro goes to transmitter (wide side) the other side (thin side) is for power you can power it externally or tap into any of the internal power sources. Most folks attach TX with double back tape or velcro to lower shell. A word of caution - do NOT power up Tx without antenna (you'll be buying another)

BTW; after using FPV & IOSD you'ld never fly without it. - It provides all the information from battery status to satellite stats - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rXAZt9 ... VSNdmm127A

QYV said:
this whole time I've been assuming you have a Zenmuse H3-2D or H3-3D gimbal... do you? Those are the equipment I know well, and if you have one of those you can use the multicolor, 2 pair ribbon cable that was probably taped to the bottom of your phantom originally. it's 2 pair: a power/ground and video/ground. you'll need to patch these cables into the power and video cables that come with the transmitter.
Watch this video from about 1:15 to 1:45 you'll see what I'm talking about. He describes the cable thus: "the yellow and brown cable is your video out and ground... and red/brown is your live/negative that goes to power your transmitter" I've also included below a picture which should help.

so if you're NOT installing an iOSD mini, you can just patch directly to the inputs on your TS351 as thus:
Phantom ribbon cable yellow/brown pair: yellow will go to the Video In (yellow), and brown to the cam GND (black)
phantom ribbon cable red/brown pair: red goes to power in (red) and brown goes to power in (black).
So that's actually 4 solders :)
You can cut off the white and green "audio in" cables as you'll never need them, same for the VCC+ red cable

517-boscam-ts-351-5.8ghz-200mw-wireless-av-transmitter.jpg

now if you do NOT have a Zenmuse gimbal, you'll still tap into power as I described above the only difference is you'll need a GoPro live video cable like this one, and you'll patch the yellow / black of the cable directly to the yellow / black of the TS351 cable.

Okay. can i use the orginal cable from the p2? see img!

And Black\yellow go to my gopro

stravn said:
Okay. can i use the orginal cable from the p2? see img!

And Black\yellow go to my gopro

I believe so yes. The power cable is definitely patched properly, and the video cable, you'll have to patch the yellow/black to the usb cable with yellow/black you receive

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic