FPV on iPad lagging and dropping after back to back flights and new firmware

Reaction score
Since updating to the latest firmware I'm seeing issues with the FPV video on my iPad after doing a flight with no issues and flawless video, landing, pausing a few minutes, changing battery and flying again. On second and subsequent flights, I have issues with the video lagging and dropping frames. Like as though I had flown way too far away. But I hadn't. I was less than 20 feet from the P3 doing some filming of an event. The video recorded without any issues. just the video streaming to me on my iPad had an issue.

After 3-4 batteries, I stopped flying, charged my batteries and went back to flying about 1-1.5 hours later and all was fine again. Sometimes I can go 4-5 batteries without any problems, other times after the first battery, I get the lagging video issue. At this event last weekend, I was able to fly 4 batteries back to back without issue. Later in the AM, same location, I flew 1st battery ok, 2-4 batteries, I experienced the lagging.

Was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem or not? I've also seen this happen at different locations.

It sounds like your iPad was overheating.

Reactions: JoBe
It sounds like your iPad was overheating.

My first thought as well. iPads are notorious for their overheating.

You can either buy a tablet that doesn't overheat (hint hint: Nvidia Shield), or try a damp towel behind it or other methods.

Here's an easy way to do it with a wash cloth, gel ice pack, and 2 rubber bands.

IMG_4384.JPG IMG_4385.JPG IMG_4386.JPG

Thanks. It was rather warm that day as well. I'm here in Texas and there wasn't much of any wind that day and it was hot and humid. I have noticed that the iPad gets very hot after using it with my P3.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers