Fpv no video

Reaction score
GoPro hero 3+ black pearl screen/ iosd mini with plug play cable and fat shark RX 5g8 250 mW .
Can not get a video on screen getting pissed off now any answers please

bde1a74d4417640ef8960306f7d722c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

GoPro hero 3+ black pearl screen/ iosd mini with plug play cable and fat shark RX 5g8 250 mW .
Can not get a video on screen getting pissed off now any answers please

bde1a74d4417640ef8960306f7d722c7.jpg

Have you updated the firmware on your GoPro camera lately?? If you have that cameras video out from the USB port has been shut off.and the only way to correct the problem is to rollback the firmware. If you are sure and this was a used camera the minute you turn the camera on the present firmware is list at the very bottom of the screen and it's only there for couple of seconds. Corrupted firmware is 03.00 and you need to rollback to 02.00 using the following link. If unsure on how to do this go to GoPro's update page and read or printout the instructions and follow those to the letter.

Drivers filed under: GoPro HERO3+ Camera Firmware

Also delete the the old update from you download file if you download the 03.00 firmware.

Ribbon cable that plugs into the go pro more than likely torn , replace it and you should be good , just happened to me...

Ribbon cable that plugs into the go pro more than likely torn , replace it and you should be good , just happened to me...

If you look closely at the photo both telemetry and video signal are working or he wouldn't even see the text "USB CONNECTED CAMERA FILES .ACCESSIBLE".

Have you updated the firmware on your GoPro camera lately?? If you have that cameras video out from the USB port has been shut off.and the only way to correct the problem is to rollback the firmware. If you are sure and this was a used camera the minute you turn the camera on the present firmware is list at the very bottom of the screen and it's only there for couple of seconds. Corrupted firmware is 03.00 and you need to rollback to 02.00 using the following link. If unsure on how to do this go to GoPro's update page and read or printout the instructions and follow those to the letter.

Also delete the the old update from you download file if you download the 03.00 firmware.
Thanks for the info will try this and see what happens.OK GOOD NEWS IS IT WORKED and have the monitor doing as it should. Off to do 1st flight with FPV Jason thanks for the head up I spent a wasted 8hrs trying to sort it out yesterday the air was very blue and grand kids got to learn some new words lol.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info will try this and see what happens

Well if you have 03.00 firmware on your GP camera rolling back to will work.

the only way to correct the problem is to rollback the firmware. If unsure on how to do this go to GoPro's update page and read or printout the instructions and follow those to the letter.

I've had a look on GoPros website and all I can find is a big warning saying the planet will implode and wipeout every living thing........!

Please can you post the link or paste the instructions here.

Another workaround (if you don't want to risk certain death etc etc) is to disconnect the GoPro USB from the gimbal, power up the Phantom AND GoPro and start recording, then reinsert the USB. The camera will stay recording with video out, and charge the battery at the same time. It's just a fiddly faff reinserting the USB whilst fighting the gimbal etc.

I've had a look on GoPros website and all I can find is a big warning saying the planet will implode and wipeout every living thing........!

Please can you post the link or paste the instructions here.

Another workaround (if you don't want to risk certain death etc etc) is to disconnect the GoPro USB from the gimbal, power up the Phantom AND GoPro and start recording, then reinsert the USB. The camera will stay recording with video out, and charge the battery at the same time. It's just a fiddly faff reinserting the USB whilst fighting the gimbal etc.

If you do not have the version V.02.00 in your download file you can download it here. Drivers filed under: GoPro HERO3+ Camera Firmware

I do not intend to do all the work for you so I suggest you go to GoPro's site for the instructions on how to download the firmware to you camera. If you recently upgraded the GP firmware v.03.00 delete it from your computers download file downloading the roll back firmware. The rollback does work if you follow the instructions to the letter.

I have a Phantom 2 w/ Zenmuse h3-3d, GoPro hero 3 silver, AVL58, iOSD mini, and Bluetooth Datalink. Also using a Blackpearl Monitor. After updating the GoPro firmware to 3.x all video transmission ceased. The AVL58 was transmitting and the Blackpearl was getting the iOSD data but nothing from the GoPro. I replaced the USB ribbon on the Zenmuse, no change, replaced the tx module of the AVL58, no change. Then I found and purchased a connector for the Zenmuse that replaces the USB ribbon with one that connects to the slot on the back of the GoPro and now everything works as it should. The connector can be found on eBay for about $10. Fairly easy to install. Not saying this will fix anyone else's problems, just putting it out there....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have a Phantom 2 w/ Zenmuse h3-3d, GoPro hero 3 silver, AVL58, iOSD mini, and Bluetooth Datalink. Also using a Blackpearl Monitor. After updating the GoPro firmware to 3.x all video transmission ceased. The AVL58 was transmitting and the Blackpearl was getting the iOSD data but nothing from the GoPro. I replaced the USB ribbon on the Zenmuse, no change, replaced the tx module of the AVL58, no change. Then I found and purchased a connector for the Zenmuse that replaces the USB ribbon with one that connects to the slot on the back of the GoPro and now everything works as it should. The connector can be found on eBay for about $10. Fairly easy to install. Not saying this will fix anyone else's problems, just putting it out there....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The reason for no longer having video has absolutely nothing to do with the FPV system. You uploaded bad firmware and now you need rollback to version 2.0. The version 3.0 from GoPro blocks the video from the USB output of your camera and GoPro would not admit there was a problem. To correct the problem go to this and download the firmware for your 3+ silver camera and you'll be in business once again. Use the the same instructions for loading this firmware into your camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues