FPV No GoPro Picture

Reaction score
Greetings!

Just received my new P2 and wired on iOSD mini along with Immersion RC TX. I'm getting a picture of iOSD mini, but nothing from the GoPro. The GoPro is turned ON, functions properly from remote. Used the attached directions, also attached is what I'm seeing on the display. I've check connections and they are secure along with wiring. Hoping I'm missing something simple!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-31 at 01.30.19.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-12-31 at 01.30.19.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 4,367
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 860
My checklist would include ;
1. Checking GoPro for correct setting (NTSC vs PAL) try switvhing between the two..see if any joy
2. double, triple, and quadrouple checking the wiring between iOSD and Phantom 4 wire cable, then again checking between iOSD and vTx...still no joy
3. ensuring correct channel is selected on both vTx and the receiver (monitor, whatever your setup is)...no joy.. :?:
4. checking for lens cap on go pro :| :lol:

after that I don't know. I'd probably stare at it for 15 minutes or so scratching my head and being angry.

The issue is in the connection between the IOSD and P2 as the IOSD info is visible, we know the connection between it and the vTX is ok.

Double check your connections from the pigtail poking out of the bottom of the P2 and the IOSD. Take a look at the first diagram in this post

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6290#p51735

If you still don't get any joy then it could be a cable problem (video out pigtail or zenmuse to Phantom). You could check this by removing your GoPro and connecting it to your IOSD directly using something like this

http://www.hobbywow.com/en-fpv-5-8g-gopro-3-video-output-line-gopro-av-video-cable-p235763.htm

At least that way you can start to rule out potential issues.

Thanks for the ideas!

Attached is photo. You can see solder connection on both Video In & Ground to iOSD appears good. Later tonight I might try to re-solder. All connections appear to be correct otherwise.

A few questions
- Would not trimming the 5V out, Audio Right, & Audio Left from TX cause any issues (see pigtail I made)? My initial guess would be no.
- Any idea how to permanently remove those extra lines from connector?
- Does the record button need to be pressed on GoPro before video would be show on FPV screen?

Attachments

• photo (7).JPG
    photo (7).JPG
    501.7 KB · Views: 730
Tony,

The only time I have experienced OSD data with gray screen is when the GoPro is in interval photo mode, and the interval is small. I would insure the GoPro is in video mode. The camera does not need to be recording to effect video out to the iOSD+Tx.

Kelly

If you are not using a zenmuse gimble, you do not use the 8 pin ribbon and the 4 wire video cable. Looks like you are just using a go pro for your fpv cam thru the iosd then to your tx.I think the problem is the USB cable out of the cam. I hade the same problem with no video signal. Try switching the wires around on the USB cable out of the cam until you get snow in the screen. I want to say the yellow wire on the USB cable is not the video out to the iosd. Try. Switching around till you get it.
If you are using the zenmuse then you use the cables on the phantom and do not use the aftermarket cable. Everything runs thru the ribbon cable and vid out cable on the phantom.

Thanks for the tips I'll try tonight.

Pretty sure video mode was selected and was using PAL. Probably need to eventually switch everything to NTSC.

I am using the Zenmuse, just bought that other cable to troubleshoot (bypass Zenmuse to see if that's causing the issue or iOSD). The transmitter appears to be working correctly, it's the input wire from P2 to iOSD I'm questioning. I might need to try bypassing the iOSD to see if same problem exists.

I am using the same Black Pearl receiver with an Immersion TX, I have set the B/P to Band F channel 1. The problem I have is picture jump, I have been told that you may not have a complete match on the B/P and may have to change the Tx. The TX is off my Black Shark Googles and is tuned to them. We are going to give it anther go later to see if we can get it to match properly, let you know how things work out. I am only going on what a radio engineer thinks that could be the problem. If you are using the B/P on the bench plug it into a 12v supply and you have no worries about it going flat and it charges at the same time.

Directly connected yellow wire from P2 into working ImmersionRC and it lights up with black screen when powered ON. I don't get a display though, the screen changes from a white snow picture to black screen. At this point I'm guessing its either gimbal or something not fully connected/working on board.

Any other ideas?

Wow, this is frustrating. My second P2 and Gimbal... and still haven't flown this thing.

could you post some more pictures of your setup? Your fingers are blocking some of the wires in the last photo posted.

Trying to visualize and diagnose wire issues is not working so well. (for me anyway)

To play into the zenmuse not working correctly theory..are you able to tilt the gimbal using the remote? I ask because I am wondering if perhaps the grey ribbon cable might not be fully seated (either on the gimbal itself or inside the shell of the phantom) just a possibility.

Also I thought earlier today about the connection on the gimbal to the gopro. the "hero port". Maybe the gopro was not fully seated onto the port? Or maybe it you could remove the gopro and inspect the port on the rear of the camera and the port on the gimbal for bent pins or anything amiss.

<SOLVED> Re: FPV No GoPro Picture

av8inglife said:
could you post some more pictures of your setup? Your fingers are blocking some of the wires in the last photo posted.

Trying to visualize and diagnose wire issues is not working so well. (for me anyway)

To play into the zenmuse not working correctly theory..are you able to tilt the gimbal using the remote? I ask because I am wondering if perhaps the grey ribbon cable might not be fully seated (either on the gimbal itself or inside the shell of the phantom) just a possibility.

Also I thought earlier today about the connection on the gimbal to the gopro. the "hero port". Maybe the gopro was not fully seated onto the port? Or maybe it you could remove the gopro and inspect the port on the rear of the camera and the port on the gimbal for bent pins or anything amiss.

av8inglife thanks for giving me the inspiration to take apart! I was planning on heading to Hobby Store tomorrow, but you figured it out. My Zenmuse connector was not fully connected to the system board. Little hard to see see in attached picture.

Now just plan on re-soldering my iOSD back up.

Thanks all for your support, much appreciated!!

Attachments

• photo (8).JPG
    photo (8).JPG
    435.5 KB · Views: 608
tonydotigr said:
av8inglife thanks for giving me the inspiration to take apart! I was planning on heading to Hobby Store tomorrow, but you figured it out. My Zenmuse connector was not fully connected to the system board. Little hard to see see in attached picture.

Now just plan on re-soldering my iOSD back up.

Thanks all for your support, much appreciated!!

Awesome!
Glad you got it working.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj