FPV monitor no signal in city

Reaction score
So I took my phantom to the city the other day (Chicago) and noticed the monitor keeps cutting out only 50m away. At my lakehouse i took it 500m without loosing signal. I didnt have time to play with the different channels but do you guys think I could get a better signal in the city by finding a new channel? Or would the amount of buildings make it difficult to get any kind of signal more then 50m away?

Thanks guys!

If you have LOS then you should get signal, but not through buildings. In cites I would imagine there would be a lot going on in the airwaves that might not help. No actually experience as it is illegal here in the UK without CAA permission.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

Also consider the amount of RF (radio frequency) pollution in any city.... WiFI, cell phone, cordless phones etc. It does not have to be on the same frequency to significantly effect your reception. Maybe a cell tower near by?

You guys think there is any kind of antennas out there that would improve signal in the city or is trying to get better range out there pretty much a lost cause? Currently I have a pair of cloverleafs on there

Get an IBC Crazy 5 turn helical antenna. It drastically improves range and video quality then the spironets. I find that at any long distance my black pearl is preferring the helical over the sprionet. You can purchase the antenna from readymaderc.com for about $30. As for the issue in the city it could just be to much interference with radio frequencies, however the helical will still improve your range over the spironet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.