FPV monitor for Phantom 2

Reaction score
Any ideas for a good 7 inch monitor for the Phantom 2 that will work with DJI's 5.8 ghz tx system?
Looking for good quality and ideally without the external battery...if such a thing exists.
Please let me know.

ppdrone said:
Any ideas for a good 7 inch monitor for the Phantom 2 that will work with DJI's 5.8 ghz tx system?
Looking for good quality and ideally without the external battery...if such a thing exists.
Please let me know.
I'd kinda like to see what others are using too. I have an Eagle-Eye 7" FPV monitor, and it's just a generic Chinese junk monitor. I've looked all over the internet for something bigger/better, with built-in receiver+battery, and have not found anything. All of them are 7", and they all have the exact same specs-which makes me think they all use the same screen-which is Junk!!!!

I use a skylark 7" FPV screen, it's made specifically for FPV use, it doesn't have built in battery or receiver, but those a gimmicks anyway! The main thing with this screen is its bright enough to be seen in the daylight

Has anyone tried using a Nexus 7? I'm not sure how much other monitors are but the Nexus is $200ish. It doesn't have a video in capability but could you somehow use whatever the vision uses to get it on mobile devices?

I have this kit and have been very happy with it

http://www.helipal.com/storm-all-in-one ... eluxe.html

The monitor is an all-in-one (monitor, battery and Receiver) so there are no wires to mess around with.

I am currently running the standard stubby antennas and so far I have been happy with the video range, although I have been flying only in wide open spaces and probably not further away than 300 feet.

The only issue I would mention is that the controller is now kind of top heavy with the monitor on it. I need to get a neck strap at some point. There is a neckstrap provided with the helipal FPV kit, but its too short for me

SARC said:
I have this kit and have been very happy with it

http://www.helipal.com/storm-all-in-one ... eluxe.html

The monitor is an all-in-one (monitor, battery and Receiver) so there are no wires to mess around with.

I am currently running the standard stubby antennas and so far I have been happy with the video range, although I have been flying only in wide open spaces and probably not further away than 300 feet.

The only issue I would mention is that the controller is now kind of top heavy with the monitor on it. I need to get a neck strap at some point. There is a neckstrap provided with the helipal FPV kit, but its too short for me
That's the exact same monitor I have. But, I have a mount that attaches to where my neckstrap attaches, so it centers the monitor more over the remote. I tried that mount-but it was junk, and way too heavy.
Also, the other monitor mention-Skylark?...that's the exact same screen as all the rest. 500:1 contrast ratio, and 485cm2 brightness. They suck!!!! But, they are Standard Definition analog monitors-so when the signal starts to break up, you will get static on the screen, but still be able to see what your camera see's, and also see the iOSD information. A Digital Monitor, when the signal gets weak, just turns blue or off-not good.

As for antenna's; I use Circular Polarizing(cloverleaf) Antenna's, and highly recommend them. My signal would cut out at about 300 feet. Now, I've gone 345 meters away, and 85 meters up at that distance, and still received a good video signal. Before, I could go up 85 meters, and maybe 100 meters away, and lose video signal.

I use the Nexus 7. It now has an available software driver, and links with wiFi perfectly. The screen is very adequate outside, unlike the ipads, which are impossible to see. I highly recommend!

i picked this one up off ebay for about £70 (brand new from hong kong - took 5 days to arrive to the UK)
it looks like exactly the same screen as the £280 diversity, but with less channels (they are all of the avl58 ones, so that's fine)
its got a built in rx and 3000mah battery, so does everything i need

its not too heavy either so it mounts on the tx really well

http://www.ravecreative.co.uk/phantom2/photo8.jpg

that skylark one looks really nice spec though, really bright !

Hi Count,

Could you expand on your setup with the nexus?

I have the nexus, and I'm still undecided about my fpv setup for the P2.

Thank you in advance

same here, i have the P2 with nexus 7.

looking into FPV options now. could you pls share your ideas.

thanks.

For those that want to spring for it .. just received my Lilliput 664/W. Excellent monitor!! Nice and bright .. comes in very attractive case and battery adapters for Canon LP-E6 and Sony NPF batteries. Well worth the $349 price tag.

Yes!! Please more information about mating the Nexus 7 and P2! I think it would make an awesome monitor.

Edit: It appears you have a P2V. That would explain how you are able to use it.

Bugatti said:
For those that want to spring for it .. just received my Lilliput 664/W. Excellent monitor!! Nice and bright .. comes in very attractive case and battery adapters for Canon LP-E6 and Sony NPF batteries. Well worth the $349 price tag.
I've been watching that one pretty closely. Not sure about the battery adapter thing though....I'd like to just use one of my 2200 mah Phantom Batteries-do they have an adapter for that?
The thing that makes that monitor better than the rest is; it's an IPS screen, not TN. So you have 178 degree off angle viewing. And, I'm sure the pixel density if better too.

BUT-I just dropped $300 on some Fatshark Base Goggles.....so for now, I'm "stuck" with my 7" cheapy Chinese TN gawd awful-can't see nothing, monitor :)

If you can......can you post some pictures of the screen, with some images from your FPV??
Also-does it have a nice solid tripod mount built into the monitor at the base??(Be very careful how far you screw into these monitors!!! My tripod mount is already bent from me screwing in the monitor too far..only 3 turns is good).

Also, how well does the sun shade work? Does it appear sturdy and light proof? Easy on/off??

Thanks

Ravecreative said:
i picked this one up off ebay for about £70 (brand new from hong kong - took 5 days to arrive to the UK)
it looks like exactly the same screen as the £280 diversity, but with less channels (they are all of the avl58 ones, so that's fine)

Are you happy with this monitor? And if so, what is the make and model? Thanks in advance!

Ravecreative said:

Do you have eBay link for that monitor ???

Iceman said:
Ravecreative said:

Do you have eBay link for that monitor ???

I was ready to ask the same question. It looks very good. If you give us a link it will be great

That looks the the same as the cheap 7" monitor I have, but there is no battery or RX built in.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007SL ... UTF8&psc=1

I also have a 7" Lilliput 668GL-70NP/H/Y. The Lilliput monitor sucks because it drops to blue screen way too easily, and it's top heavy with the batteries, but I have it for other purposes.

That small composite monitor linked above works great, but the resolution isn't very good. That isn't a problem for FPV though, because the rest of the FPV gear is also low resolution composite video. It's also very light and easy to mount.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl